Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effect of Adding Lycopene to the Ration in some Blood Traits of Broiler Ross 308

Published: April 5, 2018
Summary
Introduction Lycopene is a pigment red or infrastructure that exist in some vegetables and fruits (pineapple, orange, tomato, grapefruit, strawberries and sweet peppers) but found high concentrations in tomato (Agarwal and Rao, 2000) and lycopene derived carotenoid is a natural dye manufactured Some plants and microorganisms during the process of photosynthesis to protect it from the optical a...
Related topics
Authors:
Assistant Professor Dr Nihad Alnidawi
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Atef Abou Zead
11 de abril de 2018
Is the lycopene has a role in humoral immunity of birds ?
Giang Vu Duy
12 de abril de 2018
Giang Vu Duy Professor of Animal Nutrition Gac is grown in Vietnam (gac fruit: Momordica cochinchinensis). Lycopene is abundant in gac, lycopene content in gac is 2-3 times higher than that of tomatoes. However, I do not know how one can separate lycopene from gac and refine it into a feed additive to supplement in the chicken diets.
STEPHEN OSEI
12 de abril de 2018

This is an interesting piece of work with interesting results. I have two questions/suggestions, however:

1. Commercial broiler farmers are more appreciative of the cost/benefit analysis but this research completely ignores parameters like growth rate and final body weight
2. How was lycopene added to the diets?

2 de julio de 2019
STEPHEN OSEI Thank you so much There is a manuscript on the effect of lycopene on production performance with respect
15 de agosto de 2019
Hi Doctor Go ahead, I'm ready
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister