Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

The impact of porcine spray-dried plasma protein and dried egg protein harvested from hyper-immunized hens, provided in the presence or absence of subtherapeutic levels of antibiotics in the feed, on growth and indicators of intestinal function and physiology of nursery pigs

Published: March 17, 2021
Summary
INTRODUCTION The weaning process exposes pigs to a multitude of stressors such as dietary and environmental changes, social stress, and an unpredictable array of pathogens. The combination of these stressors typically results in reduced growth rate and feed intake as well as impaired function and integrity of the gut (Lallès et al., 2004; Pluske, 2013; Li et al., 2019). Further, the im...
Related topics
Authors:
John Patience
Iowa State University
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr. Ioannis Mavromichalis
20 de marzo de 2021
Excellent design...
John Patience
Iowa State University
20 de marzo de 2021
Dr. Ioannis Mavromichalis Thank you!!
Zdzislaw Mroz
22 de marzo de 2021
Hello John, It is fantastic to see you still active and congratulations for so interesting paper. Porcine spray-dried plasma protein was also subjected to my investigations, which were presented many years ago in your country at the Annual Meeting of Animal Science. In my study, similarly as in yours, this product exerted a positive (but nonsignificant) influence on growth and some parameters of intestinal functions. In contrast to yours, we had no multiple naturally-occurring health challenges. I recall that some objections were raised at the meeting due to its safety for consumers (risk of viruses transmission). Stay active as long as possible and keep strong! Greetings from all your Dutch and Polish friends! Zlaw Mroz
John Patience
Iowa State University
22 de marzo de 2021
Zdzislaw Mroz Thanks for your comments, and our reference to your presentation some years ago. It is very good to hear from you.
John Hare
J. H. Hare & Associates Ltd.
8 de junio de 2022
We’ve done similar studies on our own Hyper-Egg K88 antibodies, registered as a Veterinary Biologic with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency to “aid in the prevention of diarrhea caused by E. coli bacteria.” For more information and how to purchase please see www.Hyper-Egg.com or call me at +19412212505.
M.C. Fernando R. Feuchter A.
5 de julio de 2022
A very good carry on experiment, and lots or work and details. It confirms previous research trials. Congratulations for the simple and well explained results. It will be a good reference source of information
John Patience
Iowa State University
5 de julio de 2022
M.C. Fernando R. Feuchter A.Thank you very much for the feedback. Much appreciated. Have a nice day. John
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister