Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Amino Acid Digestibility and Energy Utilization of a High Corn-DDGS Diet Supplemented with a Carbohydrase Mixture

Published: November 30, 2012
Summary
Introduction The non-starch polysaccharide content of corn-derived distiller dried gains with soluble (DDGS) is 3-4 times higher compared to corn. Some of the anti-nutritional effects of its high fiber content may be ameliorated with the supplementation of carbohydrases. Our objective was to measure in pigs increases in amino acid (AA) digestibility and energy utilization in a diet with hi...
Related topics
Authors:
Jeffery Escobar
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Rafael Duran
IFF - International Flavors & Fragrances
25 de julio de 2013
Hello Jeffery, interesting findings you came across with but I am missing - I cannot find the whole of the paper - which activities you included in that cocktail and why you decided those activities and not others. Since corn-DDGS at 40% would increase the NSP/DF content in the diet (dilute), did you increase the fat/oil level in the tested diet?; if so, could this not have an influence in the final findings?. How would you explain that your cocktail only improved sign. the AA digestibilities but not the ME?. Many thanks for your answer.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister