Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Efficacy of fumaric and citric acids in preventing biosynthesis of aflatoxins in poultry feed with variable moisture content

Published: August 30, 2018
Summary
All feeds (raw material and finished products) are suitable media for growth of a wide variety of moulds, provided moisture and temperature requirements are met. The moulds in feed may cause problems in two ways (i) the moulds itself use the feed nutrients for their growth, and (ii) the moulds can produce mycotoxins in feed. Reduction in the metabolisable energy value (Bartov 1982), and reduced f...
Related topics:
Authors:
Ram Singh
Asitbaran Mandal
Influencers who recommended :
Ram Singh
Recommend
Comment
Ram Singh
7 de febrero de 2019
Efficacy of fumaric and citric acids in preventing biosynthesis of aflatoxins in poultry feed with variable moisture content is an original research work carried out in my laboratory for safe storage of animal feed.
Recommend
Ram Singh
1 de marzo de 2019

Aspergillus spp. are primarily storage fungi and are found virtually everywhere in the world that produce aflatoxins (B1, B2, G1 and G2) in feeds. Therefore, achieving complete inhibition of aflatoxin-producing fungus during storage of feed is of utmost importance. This study was conducted with the aim of establishing the efficacy of fumaric and citric acids as mould growth inhibitor in poultry feed.
Dr. Ram Singh Bibyan.

Recommend
Dermott Reilly
2 de marzo de 2019
Love to receive more insight on this work.
Recommend
Kazem Yussefi
3 de marzo de 2019
It was very excellent. Reducing moisture below 13% is very important to decrease feed safety cost.
Recommend
K.Balasubramanian
K.Balasubramanian
15 de marzo de 2019

How to make storage low moisture and avoid moisture loss?

Recommend
Carmen Albulescu
4 de octubre de 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks for your article, that's very interesting for my work.
This month, I begin to test an additive with citric acid and some natural antioxidants, in a chickens farm (in vivo test).

If my results are positive, what do you think, could we try a collaboration, in a joint project or a private research?
My e-mail address: calbulescu04@gmail.com

Best regards,

PhD Carmen ALBULESCU, AMD INITIATIVE, Bucharest, ROMANIA

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.