Discussion created on 07/06/2011

Total Mixed Ration for beef fattening

Forum: Total Mixed Ration

I want to prepare TMR for beef fattening purpose. What specifications of Crude Protein %, ME, EE, CF, ADF, NDF, should be present in TMR?

Dr Usama Tayyab
Veterinary Doctor
remove_red_eye 2839 forum 8 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
S.m. Ekramul Huque S.m. Ekramul Huque
BSc (hons),MS in Fisheries
July 7, 2011
All The above specification must be dependable on the price of avail able Raw materials , price of beef meat , and management cost in respective region to make the TMR effective for the farmers profitability.
Dr Usama Tayyab Dr Usama Tayyab
Veterinary Doctor
July 7, 2011
Price of beef for live weight basis is 150/kg.
July 8, 2011
To prepare a TMR for beef calves, the TMR should have 17% CP, oil- 4%, Crude fibre 13%, ME-13.2 MJ/kg DM, Mag-0.4%, Ca-1.2%, P-0.6%, Zn-700 mg, Mn-165 mg, I-60 mg, Co-60 mg, Se-6 mg, Vit. A- 60000 IU/kg, Vit. D3-12000 IU/kg, E- 100 IU/kg, B1-50 mg/kg and B12-125 mg/kg

Please do not forget to add yeast metabolite Diamond V XP for further rumen development and Yucca schidigera extract.

Dr C N Patil
July 15, 2011
Dear Usama,

To make it more economical, I will suggest you rather to achieve 17% C.P in TMR in Pakistan the cost of per KG TMR will go up to Rs.29 and your ration will also need high quality roughage. So Ican suggest you to make it up to 15% CP. as Beef animal can eat 10% more ADF as compared to Dairy ration so you can can more wheat straw to make it more economical for your farm. Do add any IONOPHORE that will increase feed efficiency and result in more weight gains. DO select good breeds and age.
Dr Saeed Ahmad Dr Saeed Ahmad
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
February 16, 2013

Aslam o Alaikum to All,
I want to start a fattening farm, I have purchased cholastani calves having average weight 100 kg, I want to do fattening for three months , which of the following economical method should be adopted for feeding?
T.M.R.....how much cost per kg it should be and which ingredients?
silage + concentrate, concentrate cp....? and ratio?

July 16, 2016
Can you add cactus pear in your TMR? ?
August 13, 2018
Salamu alaikum, I'm new here, I want to know how to formulate a high grade cow fattening concentrate
August 26, 2019
Please indicate today’s ingredients for TMR and also explain the kinno waste importance for fattening?
print
(2839)
(8)
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Forum: Total Mixed Ration?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Kurt A. Rosentrater
Kurt A. Rosentrater
Associate Professor
  Ames, Iowa, United States
Professional Services
Dave Albin, Ph.D. Dave Albin, Ph.D.
Grimes, Iowa, Estados Unidos de América
Kurt A. Rosentrater Kurt A. Rosentrater
Ames, Iowa, United States
Giuseppe R. Bigliani Giuseppe R. Bigliani
Cumming, Georgia, United States
Katie Mayo Katie Mayo