Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Block technology

Lick Block Technology - A New Tool For Feeding

Published: December 7, 2011
Summary
Introduction Feeding has been evolved to be an important tool to in feeding to support animal production. When the production enhancement was considered a task in animal industry balanced animal rations were developed. The ration consists of forages, grain, protein meals and other concentrate feeds. The above ration may contain elements required and not required by the animal. It was arduous t...
Related topics:
Authors:
Dr.P.George Kunju John
Recommend
Comment
Alemayehu Assaye
NASEBA ANIMAL NUTRITIONS
16 de septiembre de 2014
I want to buy a mineral Lick Block making machine. Can you advise me a good product from India ,Korea or Spain? Not from China Best Regards, my email is is: reflex_2008@yahoo.com
Recommend
Jitendra Prasad
18 de mayo de 2015
Hi: I am from Chennai, India. I am looking at buying some salt licks for my cattle farm. Can you please let me know where I can buy the salt licks.
Recommend
Gagan deep sobti
Sobti industries
22 de diciembre de 2018
Please send us details for molasesm lick making machine details we are interested to install . Sobtigagan@gmail.com
Recommend
S Jathan
12 de marzo de 2019
Dear Sir, How procure lick blocks from your facilities for sheep
Recommend
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
13 de marzo de 2019

Lick block technology is at least 40 years old in the subcontinent, however, adoption by livestock farmers had been slow therefore creating awareness about it among farmers is really appreciated.

Recommend
Mike Addy
16 de marzo de 2021
It was recognized that when animals are offered a low-nitrogen, high fiber roughage such as rice straw (RS), one of the critical nutrients is fermentable nitrogen (N) available to rumen microbes (ARC, 1984). The use of urea/molasses blocks is a convenient way for avoiding excessive intake of urea, and will ensure an almost continuous supply of ammonia-N (PJG Kunju & Leng 1981; Preston, 1986).
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.