Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Distillers Grains in Dairy Cow Diets: Challenges and Opportunities

Published: June 7, 2018
Fernando Díaz (Rosecrans Dairy Consulting, LLC) spoke on high-protein DDGS, evaluation and milk fat depression, among other subjects, during the 22nd Annual Distillers Grains Symposium in Des Moines, Iowa.
Related topics
Authors:
Fernando Diaz, DVM, PhD
South Dakota State University
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Muhammad Iqbal Sabir
27 de junio de 2018

Dear All, Personally I am in favor of using Golden DDGS, both in Dairy and Poultry. Here in Pakistan best ingredient to be a part of our feed formulation Gov't of Pakistan can offer subsidiary to farmers, feed mills and also can exempt duties and Taxes to get more Quality Milk Meat and eggs with higher protein and fat contents free from toxins.
Special emphases should be given for efficient, economical, and quality feeding.
Regards,
M IQBAL SABIR

Rilwanu Ibrahim Yeldu
14 de agosto de 2018
Muhammad Iqbal Sabir Salamu alaikum Sir, My name is Rilwanu Ibrahim Yeldu from Nigeria, I'm interested in cow fattening farming, i don't have an idea of cow fattening concentrate formula, help me out Pls. Is there any ready-made fattening concentrate to order from Pakistan to Nigeria??
Robert Kennedy
29 de junio de 2018

I have used DDG in most of my dairy cow diets for price unit of protein. I have not had a problem, but should limit to 26 to 30 percent total dietary dry matter. If DDG effects butter fat feeding palm fat will help. High production animals at 1 lb and mid production animals half lb. If needed.

Vahid
Senikco
29 de junio de 2018
How about the price in comparison with other ingredients?
Naveev
Delst Asia Sdn Bhd
3 de julio de 2018

It would have been a even more fitting study if you could have talked the change in milling parameters and pellet quality after using DDGS. I have seen people struggling/facing difficulties in running their pellet mill and maintaining pellet quality after a certain additional DDGS in formulation. Note: In India mostly we use rice DDGS than the corn ones and which is really really dry.

DR SADIQ M R BEBEJI
University of Abuja, Nigeria
10 de julio de 2018
Please can any Senior colleague assist me with the latest NRC nutrients requirement for sheep at grow and at pregnancy.
Miltos Hadjipanayiotou
24 de noviembre de 2019

I am using DDGS not only in dairy cows rations, but also in diets of dairy sheep and goats. Incorporation of up to 20% of GGDS in the concentrate mixture did not affect feed intake, milk yield and milk fat and protein. Feeding DDGS however, increased the level of unsaturated fatty acids.
I would like, however, to ask Dr. Diaz and the other colleagues whether there are studies verifying positive effects of DDGS' s feeding in meeting successfully the rumen undegradable protein needs.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister