Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Appropiate weight gain of bulls

Published: June 10, 2012
By: Vicente

Hi, i live in the Dominican Republic and  I am starting to feed bulls in my farm which are 100% locked in one place. I´m planning to feed them with sugar cane and king grass, for the protein I am going to use urea. If you have any suggestions, grains in my country are very expensive for animal use. I need to get a 200kg gain in about 6-8 month. I would like to know if it´s posible to achieve it with what I am using or what else should I use. Thank you.

Related topics:
Authors:
Vicente
Recommend
Comment
Lamar Daniel
11 de junio de 2012

I'd be very careful about using urea for protein. Unless it's evenly distributed and carefully measured you can create toxicity. How about using legumes such as porotos, frijoles, guandu or boton de oro or maniforagero or kudzu instead?

Recommend
Vicente Fabian
11 de junio de 2012

I can change the urea with no problem, but can this type of diet help me achive my goal? I need a weight gain of minimum 200 kg in 6-8 months.

Recommend
Muhammad Naveed Arshad
14 de junio de 2012

On a average ,it is 1 kg/day. achieveable but explain age of bull?
you have to go for TMR Ration formulation? with above mentioned ingredients,it seems not possible

Recommend
Vicente Fabian
15 de junio de 2012
The age I don't know but they are animals of over 300kg most of them are crossbreed from Brahman x simmental or other beef breeds this its a company that gives you a quantity of animals I feed them and the weight that is gained is divide 60%for me and40for the company
Recommend
Abdeljabar Suleiman
17 de junio de 2012

I wonder why the company wishes to fatten the (bulls) for another 6-8 month while the initial wt. is 300 kg.! since you don’t have access to good quality rouphages & concentrate to feed them, then both of you should agree to practical & economic methods. e.g.by decreasing this period to 6-8 weeks instead of months and thus you can make several fattening cycles/year & meanwhile avoiding the risk of disease and mortality which might accelarate when keeping these poor animals indoor all this period

Recommend
Muhammad Naveed Arshad
21 de junio de 2012
Can u send available feed resources and concentrates price available , it is helpful to formulate ration, You must also have a knowledge about animal age. what i guess is the company want to market bulls at more than 500 kg.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.