Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Understanding the Basics of Mastitis

Published: June 26, 2009
Summary
Virginia Cooperative Extension, Virginia Tech, Virginia State University. Mastitis occurs when the udder becomes inflammed because leukocytes are released into the mammary gland in response to invasion of the teat canal, usually by bacteria. These bacteria multiply and produce toxins that cause injury to milk secreting tissue and various ducts throughout the mammary gland. Elevated leukocyte...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Sudhakar Chousalkar
Exotic Biosolutions
30 de junio de 2009
this is really excellent scientific articles and each one engaged in dairy science and management should carefully read the article and follow the advise of the author. Congrats for publishing such Dr.S.S.chousalkar,Thane,India.
Recommend
Neelesh Sindhu
Neelesh Sindhu
30 de junio de 2009
Very Informative article. Hopefully it will be beneficial for all.
Recommend
Raghuvir Trifale
Exotic Biosolutions
30 de junio de 2009
Very good article covering all aspects of mastitis.It will be useful for everybody.Sincere thanks to author.
Recommend
Jeff Weisel
Chosen Acres Consulting, Inc.
4 de julio de 2009
good article covering many of the problems man creates. now all we need to do is figure a way to hold management resoposible to eliminate mastitis as it is 100[percent] man made.
Recommend
Shafique
Shafique
9 de noviembre de 2009
i used these basics to control mastitis at my J.K.Dairy farm Faisalabad ,Pakistan. i save my dairy animals by usuing these techniques as we have three hundred buffaloes where i am delievreing consultancy services regarding management,nutrion , artificial insemination and to control genital problems. thanks once again by giving valuable guide line to control most common economical problem the mastitis.
Recommend
Peter Lester
11 de abril de 2012
Go to my web page www.quantumlab.co.nz and click on 'mastitis is a man made problem' we have been able to reduce this affliction to virtually nil using this approach.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.