Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Meeting Heifer 24 Month Target

Published: July 5, 2016
Summary
Many factors contribute to achieving an age at first calving of 24 months for heifers. John Fish from Vitfoss highlights the importance of calf health and mineral nutrition.   There’s been much discussion on the topic of the optimal age at first calving (AFC) however numerous studies have shown that targeting an age of 24 months at first calving can be optimal for lifetime performanc...
Related topics
Authors:
John Fish
Vilofoss
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Anna Catharina Berge
Berge Veterinary Consulting
8 de julio de 2016
Thank you for the article. I am wondering what the approximate price is of the Vitcox treatment compared to the usual anticoccidial treatments such as Amprolium? Kind regards, Catharina Berge Berge Veterinary Consulting BVBA
John Fish
Vilofoss
8 de julio de 2016
Hi Catharina, Thank you for the question/interest in VitCox. The preventative treatment consists of 0.7ml per head/day for a minimum of 30 days. Based on this the cost would be approx. €2.00 per animal for the 30 day treatment. More info can be found at: http://www.vitfoss.com/cattle/calves/diarreha-products/ If you have any further questions then please let me know. Regards John Fish Vitfoss (UK)
Fredrick Karanja Mirara
19 de julio de 2016
Is Vitfoss Microfeeders recommended for countries in summer grazing or there are others designed for tropical countries. Kindly give further information indicating its availability in other countries like Kenya where I come from.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister