Discussion created on 01/01/1900

feeding management of dairy cattle

Forum: Feeding management

I have a dairy farm, I need to know the feed specification for milking cows, pregnant cows and calves with its feeding management. Does it have any extra benefits using rice screening in milking cows rations?

S.M. Ekramul Huque Bangladesh

remove_red_eye 263 forum 5 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
December 23, 2011

Dear Ekramul haque
You r wellcomed You have asked many questions in one question. There are different requirements for milking cows,pregnant cows and cows besides primary feed. Every section needs lengthy answer therefore i will recommend you to contact some reliable animal nutritionist in your vicinity. after animal selection feeding management is the most important knowledge which can make you or break you therefore i will suggest you to connect some nutritionest with you. last part of your question regarding use of rice screening my experience is in favor of using it for increasing milk production

ko ko
October 10, 2020
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan Can we feed rice bran to female buffalo? Is there any side effect in feeding rice bran to our buffalo?Thanks you so much.
October 10, 2020
ko Rice bran can be used without any side effect but its quantity should not be more than 20 % maximum
January 30, 2012

Dear Ekramul Haque,

We must use locally available feed resorces like broken rice, rice bran etc. Broken rice / rice screening is good for animals.
As far as feeding management is concern first I would like to know the present feeding practices followed by you, use of feed ingredients and their cost (Rs./kg).

2) You need to answer the following questions:
in the table gicen below
Parameters 1st Animal
Detail of animals
Type of animal (Cattle/Buffalo)
Breed
Class (Heifer / Adult)
Age ( year & month)
Pregnant (Yes / No.)
Pregnancy month (Number)
Body wt. In kg
Milking Status (Dry / In Milk)
Fat (%)
Milk Production (kg/day)
Month after calving (month)
Feed & Fodder Offered (kg/day)
Name Present Cost(Rs./kg)
Rice Screening
Wheat Bran
Mustard Cake
Wheat Grain
Maize Grain
Sorghum Sudan Green
Grass
Wheat Straw
Paddy Straw

ko ko
October 10, 2020
Can we feed rice bran to female buffalo? Is there any side effect in feeding rice bran to our buffalo?Thanks you so much.
print
(263)
(5)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Dr. Steve Blezinger
Dr. Steve Blezinger
Nutrition and Management Consultant
  Sulphur Springs, Texas, United States
Professional Services
Dr. Steve Blezinger Dr. Steve Blezinger
Sulphur Springs, Texas, United States
Jeffrey Bewley Jeffrey Bewley
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States
Jasmer Singh Jasmer Singh
Rocklin, California, United States
Dr. Christian Rippe DVM Dr. Christian Rippe DVM