The International Pig Veterinary Society (IPVS) Congress, the largest technical and scientific global event dedicated to the pig industry will take place in the city of Rio de Janeiro on June 21st – 24th, 2022 for the second time after 32 years. It will offer participants a rich scientific program designed to address the main global challenges facing the pig industry.
The main topic of discussion will be New Perspectives for the Pig Industry: biosecurity, productivity, and innovation. Sessions will meet in four different rooms simultaneously. Invited speakers will give presentations and discuss relevant issues such as reproduction, use of antimicrobials, health, immunology and vaccinology, nutrition, welfare, African Swine Fever (ASF), among other issues.
The Pre-Congress activities are scheduled to take place in the morning and afternoon on June 21st and are as follows:
- Basis of Reproductive Efficiency: from science to practice, session 1 of the Pre-Congress will focus on reproduction. Invited speakers will include Jennifer Patterson from the University of Alberta (Canada), Johannes Kauffold from the University of Leipzig (Germany), Olli Peltoniemi from the University of Helsinki (Finland), and Chris Kuster from Kuster Research and Consulting (USA).
- Use of Antimicrobials and Resistance in Pigs, session 2 has invited Jeroen Dewulf from the University of Ghent (Belgium), Maria Jose Hoztel from the Federal University of Santa Catarina (Brazil); Locke Karriker from Iowa State University (USA), and Ulf Magnusson from the Swedish Agriculture Science (Sweden).
- Immune Response of the Mucosa and Vaccinology, session 3 will feature Eduardo Cobo from the University of Calgary (Canada), Heather Wilson from the University of Saskatoon (Canada), and Rafael Frandoloso from the University of Passo Fundo (Brazil).
- Immunology via nutrition, session 4 will rely on the presence of Siska Croubels from the University of Ghent (Belgium), Paulo Henrique Campos from the Federal University of Viçosa (Brazil), and John Pluske from Murdoch University (Australia), all invited to enrich the discussions.
- African Swine Fever: Innovation Needed to Control It, session 5 will have José Manuel S. Vizcaíno from University Complutense de Madrid (Spain); Manuel Borca from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA); Christian Gortazar, from Castilla-La Mancha University (Spain), and Carmína Gallardo from the Animal Health Research Center in Spain.
- Session 6 of the Pre-Congress will focus on agribusiness. This is the first time that this topic is included in an IPVS Congress. IPVS2022 wants to be at the front line by showing that innovation can be found everywhere in the productive chain.
Other topics and speakers are scheduled to be part of the event, which will bring the ultimate scientific research in pig production worldwide to all attendees.
IPVS2022 - International Pig Veterinary Society Congress
June 21st – 24th , 2022
Hybrid Event – Rio de Janeiro / Riocentro Convention & Event