Indigenous Village Chicken Production

Forum: The Status of Indigenous Village Chicken Production and Marketing System in Ethiopia

Published on: 02/19/2013
Author/s : Bushra Badhaso (Addis Ababa University)
1. INTRODUCTION The world poultry population has been estimated to be about 16.2 billion, with 71.6 % in developing countries, producing 67, 718,544 metric tons of chicken meat and 57,861,747 metric tons of hen eggs (Gueye, 2005).  In  Africa,  village  poultry  contributes  over  70%  of  poultry  products  and  20%  of  anima...
remove_red_eye 22739 forum 5 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Sikholiwe Dube Sikholiwe Dube
Student
February 19, 2013

The topic is well discussed. Thank you so much for providing me with the viable information which really helped me in my compilation of my Literature Review (chapter two of my dissertation). I am looking forward for more detailed information on the role of Indigenous Knowledge Systems in Indigenous chicken production.

Thank you for your cooperation!

June 10, 2013
Thanks for good and important work which we need in or local universites to improve our indigenous chicken production by colecting information and solveing proplems .
Isaac Freestyl Isaac Freestyl
Student
September 20, 2013
I appreciate all the authors of this article. God bless you so much. is it ok to post any other article of such relationship from another country?
August 21, 2014
thanks very much for more u give the information shared that helps me for my writing of poultry reference book for my students but still i need detail information on characterization of local breeds of Ethiopian chicken
wario duba wario duba
Student
May 8, 2017

Thank you very much for your good work. Please bushra, could you help me on proposal writing?

print
(22739)
(5)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Fred Hoerr
Fred Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Nashville, Tennessee, United States

| 
Copyright © 1999-2020 Engormix - All Rights Reserved