Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Herbs versus Drugs in Poultry

Herbs versus Drugs: Aspect World Poultry

Published: September 16, 2009
Summary
Consumers are always thinking about the residual effect of antibiotics in poultry products. It is proved that antibiotics are not always good for poultry health even human health. Drugs can have residual effects. Due to this reason now antibiotics are not allowed (banned from animal feed) for treatment the sick birds in some of countries, like-Belgium. Now a day every poultry scientist is thinkin...
Related topics:
Authors:
Hossain
Recommend
Comment
Kelvin Chong
Meriden Animal Health Limited
18 de septiembre de 2009

Thank you Mr Hossain ,for sharing the current issue of livestock farming with the potential use of herbs @ phytobiotic. It was very interesting to learn that garlic extract post lots of potential as alternative product to AGP

Further to add on this topic, I would like to share that there is already lots of research had been done oregano essential oil on the potential of replacing antibiotic growth promoters. Research work conducted by Aristotle University oregano essential oil indicate that it is highly effective against both gram positive and gram negative bacteria, especially against 2 strains of Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus and against single strains of Salmonella typhimurium, Pseudomonas aeroginosa, and Bacillus subtilis (Sivropoulou et al, 1996). Besides, oregano essential oil has been shown to possess antifungal activity against several Candida sp. with Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) levels 0.1ug/ml (Stiles et al, 1995) and anticoccidial activity against Eimeria sp. (Spais et al, 1998)

Harnessing all of the research conducted, a revolutionary and leading edge product has evolved, incorporating 100[percent] pure essential oil extract from Origanum hybrid sp. and is commercially available under the brand name of Orego-Stim® .

We had published lots of information in Engormix with regards to the use of Orego-Stim in livestock animal. The following are the title of the articles for your reference

1. Orego-Stim Boost Layer Performance ( 20th August 2009)
2. Coccidiosis in Poultry (4th August 2009)
3. Natural Antioxidant for Feed Vitamins (16th June 2009)
4. Ban on AGPs in the EU: Impact on The Asian Poultry Industry (9th June 2009)

Thank you.

Recommend
Muhammad Nawaz Ali
13 de octubre de 2009

excellent article congratulation on thinking different aspects of curing Salmonella Infact we are again going to nature to help us for safe food,feed ,and fuel. This article may help sevral professionalist. Though i am also lawyer for the use of Herbs and this trend is also admitted by the by american society too they are now more dependent on the use of herbs beside Alopathy .But The need is that we should refine the use of herbs so that its toxic affects should also eleminated.

Recommend
Ssagala           Habilu
13 de octubre de 2009
What a wounderful research work, thank u so much for this work. I want to prove to you that it will have alot of impact on the sector plus the consumers health.This is tremendous but we need to find the dossage as well to eliminate the effects of inadequate or excess quantities.
Recommend
Raghuvir Trifale
Exotic Biosolutions
15 de octubre de 2009
I agree with Dr.Muhammad Nawaz Ali that toxic effects should be removed by refinning the herbal products.It is commonly said that herbal products does not have side effects, but it is a fact that there are side effects of herbal products and it is personnaly observed by me.
Recommend
Ayachi Ammar
27 de octubre de 2009

Thank you for this article I have used experimentally some medicinal herbs fruits and berries on some poultry strains of Salmonella to avoid side effects of antibiotics.I thinks that its a good alternative for the antibiotic and they will be very putative in the developing countries but they must be manufactured for the poultry industry.

My article is published on the JAES journal on august 2009

Dr Ammar Ayachi Veterinary Department Microbiology and Immunology Laboratory University of Batna Algeria

Recommend
Dr. Ajay Thakur
24 de octubre de 2013
this a good article. our company manufactures many herbal drugs for poultry (both therapeutic and prophylactics). we want to associate with you for future project collaboration. If interested please contact at: clinical@ayurvet.in
Recommend
Sarmmie Infinity Decorations
17 de julio de 2014
This is an educating article.But it will be imperative to know if in-cooperating Garlic or some of these herbs into finished feeds for commercial feed producers will be cost effective and still maximize profit.
Recommend
Adekunle Emirald Temitope Oreoluwa
Adekunle Emirald Temitope Oreoluwa
3 de agosto de 2014
assessing the ethno veterinary use of tobacco leaf meal in broiler production.
Recommend
abdul Matin
29 de junio de 2016
thanks Mr Hossien , We seriously believe that phytotherapy is the safest way out for poultry farmers in india and worldwide. If you wish to know about our product offerings from our Principal Manghebati France an established company please let us know Regards A.MATIN BUSINESS DIRECTOR HERALDS TRADING PVT LTD
Recommend
KALYESUBULA IBRAHIM
21 de septiembre de 2018
Good article But how about the dosage like how many leaves of sisal should be used in what and for how long. That is missing Thank you
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.