Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Treatment for gout

Gout in Poultry. Its Prevention and Control

Published: March 14, 2011
Summary
Introduction Gout is a metabolic disorder in which there is precipitation and accumulation of Uric acid crystals in Kidneys, Viscera, Peritoneum and Joints, resulting in mortality. In birds, Uric acid is the end product of protein and purine metabolism and is normally excreted through Kidneys. Uric acid is insoluble in water and since birds lack in enzyme Uricase, there is no further convers...
Related topics
Authors:
Venkatesh Narsapur
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Sharad Dagadu Hol
Sharad Dagadu Hol
21 de mayo de 2011

I must thank Dr Narsapur for giving such a wonderful information about GOUT in poultry & i also appreciate trials of Dr Solanki .
But as Dr Jaydeep Mulik said it is really a challenge to researchers to find a permanent remedy on gout , It has to be controlled at breeder level only so as to avoid losses .As per my observations by increasing brooding temperature , giving grinded maize for 48 hrs , & treating flock with Jaggery water & plain VIT A is giving good results atleast in western regions of Maharashtra. I also agree to Dr Narsapur to give 50% Maize + 50% feed which will control mortality to a greater extent .or can be used as a precautionary measure for first 3 days to avoid occurrence .
Once again thanks a lot for detail information provided .

Sunil Sawant
17 de junio de 2012
dsfdsf fdgf
Sunil Sawant
17 de junio de 2012

It is really good informative article for PREVENTIVE GOUT.
Apart from different etiology of GOUT,there are viral causes and so far we were talking about nephropathic IB strain only but AVIAN Infectious Nephritis Virus is another player found to cause Gout in poultry.Because of which IB live and Killed (so called IB Nephro) are seen ineffective in prevention of Gout.
The managemental tools suggested by Dr Narsapur are seen very effective to minimise the damage of Gout.
Glycerine in drinking water seen effective in some cases as it works as a Osmotic Diuretic Agent that draws water into renal tubules and prevent water reabsorbtion from it.
Dr Sunil Sawant,
MUMBAI

Dr. Md. Nazimul Islam
9 de octubre de 2012
Really this is an interesting topic. Adding few color image lesions may more attractive the topics.
Kapil Dodhi
19 de diciembre de 2012

Dear Dr Sunil Sawant,
Please elaborate on the use of glycerine in gout treatment , dosage etc

Kapil Dodhi
abro farms

hossain ali
28 de septiembre de 2014
I find the article very infomative.It's a very useful topic to the veterinarians.I would like to thank to the author.
dayma abrar
16 de octubre de 2014
why should we take precautions before for gout? by starting goutex on the 3rd day even if gout is not there ......doctor plzzz give me advice on that ...can we do that.....!!!!
Dr G Guruprabakar
2 de diciembre de 2014
Thanks Dr VSN. Good article. Vitamin A helps kidney to excrete uric acid. Deficiency of Vitamin A mainly results acute Gout. In acute gout outbreaks vitamin A ( Liquid form ) addition in drinking water plays a vital role in treating and controlling Gout.
Dr. Muhammad Moeen
10 de octubre de 2022
Dr G Guruprabakar Would you please like to share your Email or whats app contact number. I need to contact you
sanjay garg
26 de septiembre de 2016
sir my flock is badly suffering from gout, i used many medicines but no result found please advise what to do in such conditions.birds are of 20weeks and production is 10%,please explain because many farmers in ajmer raj having same problem i used goutil goudrill tab zyloric tab laysix amonium cloride lab grade etc
MAHABUB RAHAMAN
1 de julio de 2017
Sir please gout treatment boleye
Jerome
20 de julio de 2018

My year old rooster has gout (articular) on his right pedal and it looks hard. He is on medication (allopurinol) in dilution. My query is how long does it take for the hardness and that swelling to subside? I really feel bad for him, what other things can be done?

Kingsley patrick
7 de agosto de 2020
I am a poultry farmer in Nigeria experiencing this challenge. How can I purchase goutex here in Nigeria or what is the trade name in Nigeria. Thanks.
Narayan
13 de octubre de 2020
Very nice discussion. Recently Gout is a great problem in broiler.so far I understand Goutex has good rule in controlling of gout . Actually what is composition of goutex . We are using alantoin in the treatment of gout but not getting good results gagaries n vit A is used but recovery rate is not up to the mark . If any latest information is available pl send me
Thiruvarasu Supaya
12 de julio de 2021
I am a broiler veterinarian from Malaysia. Currently many broiler farms here is affected by visceral gout starting around 2 weeks and linger on sometimes until harvesting. Other than management factors I cant find any medication that is able to treat or minimize the condition effectively. I do note that there are many gout treatment medicines either chemical or herbal available in India. I read the above article on Goutex. Can anyone furnish details of the ingredient of Goutex? I would also like a further proposal of some other medicines based on actual trials and efficacy for me to compare and understand. Thank you.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister