Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Vaccination Against Infectious Bronchitis and Infectious Bursal Disease in poultry

Find the Best Way to Vaccination Against Infectious Bronchitis and Infectious Bursal Disease

Published: December 27, 2012
Summary
Introduction Infectious Bronchitis consider one of the epidemic respiratory diseases over the world infected poultry in different stage of age, instead of its respiratory but can infected genital tract of female layer and parent breeder leading to produce bad eggs quality as well as decrease production level their target specially in mature birds leading to swelling of kidney, finally high mor...
Related topics
Authors:
Jenan Najdat Al-bazzaz
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr. Phan Quang Vinh
10 de enero de 2013

The author misinterpreted the results in Table no.2 for 1 day of age class. Vaccine effects could not be demonstrated since unvaccinated controls had the same non-significant antibody titer as compared to vaccination ones. Else, you could make a mistake in running your ELISA since control titers of unvaccinated controls were always found and at high levels.
Multiple range tests among treatments were wrongly indicated for 1 day of age class in Table Nos 3 and 4. For instance, G3 was A (4929) , G1 was B (2943) then it impossible that G2 with titer of 5451 was AB ( Table 3).
Better rewrite the article and consult someone on statistical analysis and data interpretation.

Ahmed
FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization)
10 de enero de 2013

Nice article but I have a comment on Ab titer in Table(3) regarding vaccination at age 7 days without to determine the optimal time of immunization may give you the result will be affected with maternal Ab and will give this difference, I hope for you all the best.

Nzar
13 de enero de 2013

Regardless of all vaccination programs, whether this program is good or that program, first of all I hope we isolate the local strains and prepare vaccines from them then applying the best program, because antigenic variation can induce failures on the vaccination processes due to the difference of antigenic structures between vaccinal and field viruses, many out breaks of IB appeared in most provinces in Iraq, it was thought that they were due to vaccination with unsuitable strain of IB, all the IB vaccines, which used are commercially imported and are not matched with serotypes that exist in layers and broilers in Iraq and kurdistan region. Consequently, this may emerge new variant strains of IB viruses, also there are many publications revealed that IB vaccines have immunosuppressive effect on local immunity of Newcastle disease vaccines.

Nzar
13 de enero de 2013

So it's better not to vaccination unless isolation of local strain of IB and prepare vaccines from them, because of unsuitabile vaccine lead to emerging new varient strains (rolling factor) and it's immunosuppressive effect on local immunity of Newcastle disease which is most important disease than IB in Iraq and kurdistan region.

Dr. Phan Quang Vinh
15 de enero de 2013
Engormix should have someone to review technical articles before posting. serious errors in data analysis and interpretation send a wrong message to readers.
Modupe Osuolale
18 de enero de 2013

Article presentation is good and timely. In table no 2, we got post vaccination titre for Treatment 1 as 1542, are we sure it is a protective titre. Though protective level differs from one elisa kit to other, i think it should b min of 5000.

Ahmed Sayed Hamouda
19 de enero de 2013

From my field experience in Egypt and other Arab countries , always using a dead vaccine at day old of IB-ND-IBD
0.2 ml S/c at day old specially in endemic areas simultaneously with the recommended doses of life vaccines for the same mentioned diseases. This method of vaccination will be reflected on mortality rates, body gain & FCR

Shabina Begum
7 de marzo de 2013

I am the student of M.Sc poultry science, my research topic is related to infectious bronchitis and vaccine preparation against IBV. I want you let me know how can I propagate the IB virus in laboratory for vaccine production? and what is the best method of killing this virus to prepare killed vaccines?

Haider Mansour
11 de abril de 2013

Haider Mansour
Doctor in vet hospital in Najaf /Iraq
These programs especially IB vaccine is not useful in my country because these strains don't match with the local strain.
To get a good vaccine for IB you must isolate the local strain and make from it vaccine this your method applied in my area and failure it.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister