Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Evaporative Cooling Pad System Water Usage

Published: September 15, 2017
Summary
Knowing how much water an evaporative cooling system will use during hot weather can prove to be a very useful piece of information. For instance, to properly size well pumps, pressure tanks and water distribution pipes, designers must know the peak demand of pad systems on the farm because they can be responsible for 90% of the water usage on a hot summer afternoon. Furthermore, if a producer...
Related topics
Authors:
Mike Czarick
University of Georgia
Follow
Dr. Brian D. Fairchild
University of Georgia
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Luong Xuan Dao
26 de septiembre de 2017
Very useful for the industrial farm! Thanks
Imran Hassan
26 de septiembre de 2017
very useful
Dolo Yaya
26 de septiembre de 2017
We need these data. They are very helpfull Thanks a lot
Dr. Ashraf Ali Qureshi
27 de septiembre de 2017
Dr. Mike thanks for sharing every informative article. What you think thickness of pad to be used in temperate tropical areas, where in summer peak ambient temperature may goes to 40-42 C with RH 85-95% in July-August. Do you think by increasing thickness of pads will definitely increases surface area for evaporation. How one can determine pads area as thumb rule used for a fan having cfm 23000 for both 4" and 6" pads. If used 6" pad thickness we may need to have less pad area required due to more surface is available for evaporation vs 4" pads.
Mike Czarick
University of Georgia
27 de septiembre de 2017
Ashra Ali Qureshi Most 4" and 6" pads produce roughly the same amount of cooling. Though the 4" pads are thinner the air velocity through the pad is slower so the retention time (the time the air spends in the pad) is roughly the same.
Ghazi Almuhaisen
27 de septiembre de 2017
Dr. Mike thanks for sharing every informative article, I have experience a newly invented pad material (Posalaious) where we can utilize the slot water for the cooling system it even can utilize the sea water for this purpose. it is a product of Saudi designer (company called Masader in Jeddah KSA) who has a joint venture with king Abdullah university. I believe such invention should be supported & tested.
Mike Czarick
University of Georgia
27 de septiembre de 2017
Ghazi Almuhaisen I haven't heard of Posalaious, sounds interesting.
Ghazi Almuhaisen
27 de septiembre de 2017
Dr. Mike Czarick , I 've witnessed the implementation of this new product here in Jeddah, there are two advantages over the Cellulose pads - the ability to use any water even the slot sea water - the construction of the pads (blocks) decreases the wall temperature the only disadvantage is that the width of the wall(cross section ) is about one meter.
Dr. Ashraf Ali Qureshi
27 de septiembre de 2017
Dear Ghazi could you send me link to see details of new pad you mentioned please? It will be interesting to try.
Ghazi Almuhaisen
27 de septiembre de 2017
Dear Ashra Ali Qureshi , soon I will post the contact details of the company which developed this product along with the university adopting the proof of concept. yours
Ghazi Almuhaisen
27 de septiembre de 2017
Dear Mates, for those interested in getting farther information Please find the contact details of Eng. Nassar Al Madhoun the founder & MD of Masader . Mobile 00966553443902 Nassar@arabengineers.co.uk regards
Panya Boonprasert
30 de octubre de 2017
Dear Dr. can you estimate water supply in hot climate , same at Thailand , Philippines ?
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister