Discussion created on 05/06/2010

vaccinating pregnant pigs

Forum: Vaccination for pregnant sows and piglets

Dear Users,
This is an interesting forum from our Spanish community, generated by Santiago Cabrera from Ecuador:

What would be the picture of vaccination to immunize pregnant sows in order that the piglets at birth, are immune to various diseases that attack them?? For example on my farm I have problems Colibacillosis and pneumonia.

What do you think??

remove_red_eye 1486 forum 2 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
LEE CHOON SHEN LEE CHOON SHEN
Product Manager
May 18, 2010

If you are sure that your piglets suffer with Colibacilosis problem, and vaccinating the sow would save you a lot of works in japping the piglets with antibiotics. You may consider Ecoli and clostridium vaccine which can be found in the market.(Littlrguard* LTC) which i know is works...
While for the pneumonia problems, you may vaccinate your piglets with M.hyo vaccine, since that the maternal antibodi for M.hyo do not really protect the piglets from M.hyo. Following that, during weaning, you may using program medication in your weaners diet...

April 22, 2018
Looking for a good over-all vaccine for pregnant sows & gilts. Sows & gilts have just been breed in this past 17 to 20 days.
print
(1486)
(2)
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Forum: Vaccination for pregnant sows and piglets?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Scott Webster
Scott Webster
Pork Industry Expert Advisor
  Madison, Wisconsin, Estados Unidos de América

| 
Copyright © 1999-2019 Engormix - All Rights Reserved