Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

vaccinating pregnant pigs

Forum: Vaccination for pregnant sows and piglets

Published: May 6, 2010
By: María Giovanardi

Dear Users,
This is an interesting forum from our Spanish community, generated by Santiago Cabrera from Ecuador:

What would be the picture of vaccination to immunize pregnant sows in order that the piglets at birth, are immune to various diseases that attack them?? For example on my farm I have problems Colibacillosis and pneumonia.

What do you think??

Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
LEE CHOON SHEN
18 de mayo de 2010

If you are sure that your piglets suffer with Colibacilosis problem, and vaccinating the sow would save you a lot of works in japping the piglets with antibiotics. You may consider Ecoli and clostridium vaccine which can be found in the market.(Littlrguard* LTC) which i know is works...
While for the pneumonia problems, you may vaccinate your piglets with M.hyo vaccine, since that the maternal antibodi for M.hyo do not really protect the piglets from M.hyo. Following that, during weaning, you may using program medication in your weaners diet...

Carol
22 de abril de 2018
Looking for a good over-all vaccine for pregnant sows & gilts. Sows & gilts have just been breed in this past 17 to 20 days.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister