Farrowing Management Forums

Here you can generate a discussion about the daily development of their work, make questions and / or share your experiences.
I would like some advice in regards to the proper dosage rate for oxytocin in sows, at present here in Russia our manufacturers recommend 2-3ml/sow of oxytocin 10iu, worked in the swine industry for m...
Last comment: July 29, 2011
(2118) (8)
What factors contribute to low lactation feed intake the first week post farrowing? What can be done to improve this condition?...
Last comment: August 27, 2010
(1719) (4)
I have been reading some really good research lately, but something about it bothers me. I do understand that a lot of sows are culled before Third Parity, and that this is a good place to start with ...
Last comment: May 10, 2015
(97) (0)
Factors Affecting The Colostrum Quality In Sows, And Thus The Survival Of Newborn Piglets: 1. The first point that I would like to make is that a “happy, well-conditioned sow” will both m...
Last comment: June 11, 2014
(69) (0)
The Canadian Pork Council and the National Animal Care Council agreed to phase out the use of all gestation stalls for pregnant sows in Canada by the year 2024. *After July 1, 2014 will use open hou...
Last comment: August 29, 2013
(910) (5)
I believe that as Animal Welfare takes more and more precedence, farrowing crates as we know them have their days numbered. I also believe as Animal Welfare Groups put more pressure on hog farm condit...
Last comment: August 10, 2013
(107) (0)
I would like to hear from others their experiences with inducing sows to farrow. In the early 1990’s, while working as a “First-Week Farrowing Supervisor”, I was taught to induce sows to farrow. If ...
Last comment: May 20, 2013
(333) (0)
“ Continuous Farrowing: Does It have a Place?” ( By Paul Walker Thompson July 13, 2013 ) I recently read an old article on “Continuous Farrowing”. Having been exposed only “All-In/All-Out ...
Last comment: December 28, 2012
(211) (0)
I have started a small pig business of one sow which is due 6th October. How can i care for the pig in order to bore litter which are health and a large number of piglet.? thanks...
Last comment: August 16, 2011
(139) (0)
Dear Users, This is an interesting forum from our Spanish community, generated by Santiago Cabrera from Ecuador: What would be the picture of vaccination to immunize pregnant sows in order that the ...
Last comment: May 18, 2010
(1392) (1)
Anyone knows what are the most common causes for mastitis? What treatment should I start on affected sows? Is it a bad milk for the piglets? Thanks for helping. Roberta...
Last comment: January 9, 2004
(6085) (3)
   | 
Copyright © 1999-2017 Engormix - All Rights Reserved