Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Ochratoxin A in food: public health risks assessed

Published: May 13, 2020
Summary
EFSA has published a scientific opinion on public health risks related to the presence of ochratoxin A (OTA) in food – a mycotoxin naturally produced by moulds that can be found in a variety of foodstuffs including cereals, preserved meats, fresh and dried fruit, and cheese. New data that have become available since the last assessment in 2006 suggest that OTA can be genotoxic by di...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Teresa Mccormick
18 de mayo de 2020
Ochratoxin is an endocrine disrupter causing excess production of aromatase protein. If Ocratoxin is acquired from food or respiratory from water damaged buildings, it has the potential to interfer with aromatase inhibitors during Breast Cancer therapy. It should be taken into account when choosing cancer therapy. I probable brain metastasis after being on ANASTROZOLE for almost 5 years. I also still have clinical levels of Ochratoxin from a 2003-14 moldy home exposure. See Endocrine disrupting effects of Ochratoxin a at the level of nuclear receptor activation and steriodogenisis, C Frizzell et al. Ochratoxin has been associated with both breast cancer and melanoma, both of which I developed in moldy home.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister