Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Reducing feed costs with acidifier

Published: March 3, 2008
Summary
Feed prices jumped to the record high and further increase is on the horizon. There are several reasons for these circumstances. First of all it is a distinction between diminishing supplies and increasing demand. Diminishing supplies are mainly due to bad crops in many producing countries. Increasing demand is due to corn use for food and feed industries and bioethanol production. The discr...
Related topics
Authors:
Nataliya Roth
dsm-firmenich
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Jan Hekelaar
Jan Hekelaar
4 de marzo de 2008
I have no idea what an acidifier is, but it looks like a brilliant product. Will it work for my fish farm I have here in Paraguay? Every week the special feed goes up dramatically. I have approximately 15 000 fishes 4 months old.
Kurt Wegleitner
Kurt Wegleitner
6 de marzo de 2008
Dear Mr. Hekelaar, acidifier can be used in aquaculture and improve performance of fish. To give you more information about the product and dosage I need to know what fish species do you have You can contact me directly: nataliya.roth@biomin.net Best regards. Nataliya
Pej
Pej
11 de marzo de 2008
Thanks a lot about the ARTICLE, it is very useful. When we want a better FCR that mine more fish weight per food all the factors such as temperature and...... can influence it. (It is good to discuss about these factor in rain trout).
Nataliya Roth
dsm-firmenich
11 de marzo de 2008
There is not a big influence of temperature in FCR. Fish are poikilotherm animals and as such their metabolism will depend on water temperature. At higher temperatures they eat more and grow more then at lower temperatures. Nevertheless, this should not influence the efficiency of how the nutrients are utilized, they just up regulate or down regulate the metabolism (eating more or less) with temperature but the FCR or feed efficiency should remain quite constant. Best regards. Nataliya
Mohammad Hosseini
5 de enero de 2009
Dear Sr, The article, very good of you.
Aref Ben Ayoun
Aref Ben Ayoun
6 de enero de 2009
Dear Sr, very good article.
Bose Makanjuola
23 de marzo de 2010
I would like to use your acidifier for research work. Please how do I get to buy it or can I have some free sample to work with? And please what is the inclusion rate for broilers? Thanks and well done.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister