Discussion created on 11/12/2013

Fish food machine, Fish food extruder

Our fish food machine,fish food extruder, is special for all kinds of the fish food: differents shapes , floating and sinking type , differents type of fish.

Tony Kong
General Manager
remove_red_eye 566 forum 2 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
November 12, 2013
I am interested in producing an alternative source of fish feed using black soldier fly larvae, mosquitos, worms and duckweed as the main ingredients. I wanted to know if a combination of all these could be mixed together and pelletized with a suitable base of some kind to bind it all together. Is your machine capable of doing this sort of thing?
Adam Sackett Adam Sackett
Director of Sales Operations and Business Development
December 30, 2013
Randy,

The only way to know for sure if your ingredients can be mixed, extruded and cut in to fish pellets (floating or sinking), is through some R&D. At Insta-Pro (www.insta-pro.com), in Des Moines, Iowa, we can work with you to develop the right pellet for your needs. You will need some sort of binding agent to hold all the ingredients together, such as corn or any cereal grain with a significant amount of starch. Please feel free to contact one of our nutritionists to discuss further. Our phone is 515-254-1260. I hope this helps and best of luck. - Adam Sackett
print
(566)
(2)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Kurt A. Rosentrater
Kurt A. Rosentrater
Associate Professor
  Ames, Iowa, United States
Professional Services
Dave Albin, Ph.D. Dave Albin, Ph.D.
Grimes, Iowa, United States
Kurt A. Rosentrater Kurt A. Rosentrater
Ames, Iowa, United States
Giuseppe R. Bigliani Giuseppe R. Bigliani
Cumming, Georgia, United States
Royce Samford Royce Samford