Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

The effects of summer on milk production and its components, SCC and conception rate

Published: March 1, 2018
Summary
The "Winter-Summer Ratio" report was developed by Dr. Israel Flamenbaum and Ephraim Ezra. This report reflects the gap in the performance of cows in different seasons and the ability of the individual farm to cope with the negative impact of the summer. The report has been published regularly since 2005, including milk production, fat and protein percentages, SCC, and Conception Rate to all insem...
Related topics
Authors:
Yaniv Lavon
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Armagan Hayirli
Atatürk University, Turkey
6 de marzo de 2018
Thank you for comin up a very good approach. I wish you presented min of each cateory (s:w) ratio, as well as the milk fat:milk protein ratio.
Prof. Dr. Ferdinal Rahim
7 de marzo de 2018

Could it be discussed the efficiency of energy in relation to w-s ratio and its effect on conception rate?

Samir Humeida Ali Ismail
20 de marzo de 2018
Actual hot weather has negative impact effect dairy cows performance reproduction and production. Proper Management of housing and feeding animals during cool hours, of the day are necessary play significant role to improve milk production.
Yaniv Lavon
21 de marzo de 2018

It is very important to feed also during cool hours but it is also very important to take the cow to shower in the night. After evening milk and before morning. A lot of dairy farms not doing it from a number of reasons and because it is hard.... this is a big mistake.

Mesut EGRI
11 de marzo de 2020

Hello Prof. Armagan;

I tried all the ways to reach you, but it was not a kind winter. I am writing from the Russian Federation. I have a lot of questions.

After many years of living here, we decided to do the fattening business. I want to feed simental or angus breeding. I want to buy at 4 months and sell when it reaches a certain weight.

Is it a suitable life for fattening in ice that I bought for 4 months? When is it appropriate to start (when it is monthly) and end the fattening program? Assuming an average monthly weight increase of 40.

I don't know why alfalfa is here, but it is possible to make a little expensive, cloverless fat. There are more alpha plants here.

I would be very happy if you could respond. Thank you very much for your time, your success is our pride.

May Allah be pleased with you and quality people like you.

Respects.

Mesut EGRI.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister