Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Scientists Detect Fungus that Attack Feed of Dairy Cows

Published: November 14, 2007
Summary
Brown root rot -- a potentially serious forage crop disease -- is found throughout the Northeast. Cornell plant pathologists have detected brown root rot -- a potentially serious forage crop disease -- in the northeastern United States. It is widespread in New York, Vermont and New Hampshire and has been detected in Pennsylvania and Maine. The findings are published in the October issue of the...
Recommend
Comment
Helga Dietrich
Organic Farm & garden Supplies
19 de noviembre de 2007
Before I suggest a possible solution for this problem - I would ask the authors to please let me have the following info: Has any of this root rot ever appeared in crops planted on virgin or for several years organically managed soils? This is very important to know. Should the brown root rot not be found or rather seldom in virgin or organic soils then obviously this has to do with the intact soil microbial life. The microbes automatically destroy pathogens to which the brown root rot surely belongs. With our technology we can from season to season enhance the natural soil life. Their are two ways of going about - the first will within approx. 5 - 8 years re-instate excellent soil with good humus content, the second way will achieve this in 3 - 5 years. If Michael Wunsch and/or Robert Schindelbeck would like to know more (of course also any farmer) and maybe to trials they are welcome to contact me under info@organicsa.co.za
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.