Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Selenium status of cows effects their calves

Published: January 1, 2002
Summary
The following article is a special collaboration from AFMA (Animal Feed Manufacturers Association) www.afma.co.za We thank their kind support. Science summary In many areas of the world, feed grains and forage crops contain inadequate concentrations of selenium. Livestock require selenium as a cofactor for the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase. Supplementation of feeds wit...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr.Prashant Shinde
Dr.Prashant Shinde
23 de enero de 2005

Effect of supplementation of Selenium and Vitamin E on rumen fermentation, then please provide details.

Dr. Gulfam
1 de diciembre de 2006

Effect of supplementation of Selenium and fibrolytic enzyme on growth of calf, then please provide details.

Marcello Corsini
Marcello Corsini
20 de diciembre de 2006

Its a very interesting article. I have some experiences in the use of organic Selenium in Dairy cattle and Sows and I found a lot of benefits, especially for the reduction of reproductive disease and reproductive failure.

Dr Neelesh Sharma
18 de abril de 2007
If you have the detail methods of the following then please send to me. 1. Estimation of Se and glutathione peroxidase activity in milk.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister