Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Artificial Insemination in Dairy Cattle

Published: February 6, 2008
Summary
Artificial insemination (AI) is a process by which sperm are collected from the male, processed, stored and artificially introduced into the female reproductive tract for the purpose of conception. AI has become one of the most important techniques ever devised for the genetic improvement of farm animals. It has been most widely used for breeding dairy cattle and has made bulls of high genetic mer...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Tamas Csaki Dvm
6 de febrero de 2008

Interesting article about Artificial Insemination in Dairy Cattle. I am dealing with embryo transfer since about 20 years. I have experienced better transferable embryo rate since I had have used deep uterus horn insemination technic. Since then I always insert the catheter as deep as possible without damaging the internal mucosa of the uterus horns, in my daily AI practice too, and the pregnancy rate is acceptable

Eyob
21 de julio de 2022
It is important dairy technology, which change easily adoptable. Thanks
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister