ANDRITZ Series 6 Hammer Mill is now offered in both 38 inch (965 mm) and 43 inch (1,092 mm) diameters with grinding chamber widths ranging from 12 inch (305 mm) to 60 inches (1,524 mm). These mills can accommodate motor sizes ranging from 125 HP (90 kW) to 600 HP (450 kW).
This unique series 6 design was created to satisfy todays demanding applications and safety guidelines. The design features consist of:
- A nonrestrictive flow-through design.
- Reinforced housing and full access doors to accommodate an internal pressure during upset overpressure conditions.
- Dynamically balanced heavy duty rotor with up to 7.5 inches (190 mm) diameter shaft and nearly 4 inch (101 mm) diameter bearings.
- Rugged large and long lasting pillow block bearings equipped with temperature sensors.
- Low profile reinforced motor base.
- Slotted housing which allows the cylinder and bearing assembly to be removed as a complete unit without disassembly of the housing.
- Replaceable wear plates protect the inside of the grinding chambers in all product contact areas.
- A reversible inlet baffle with optional pneumatically controlled valve.
- Door interlock system that provides the safest most dependable and fastest responding on the market that ensures the doors are not opened until the rotor comes to a complete stop.
- Optional inlet mounted Air Separator with magnet that utilizes the Hammer Mill’s air assist system to separate both ferrous and non-ferrous material from the feed stream.
ANDRITZ Series 6 Hammer Mill