Jeff Simmons, CEO, ELANCO, USA
• After a year of great change in 2020, how has the pandemic changed consumers’ relationship with food, and how is the industry responding? • Where are the greatest opportunities throughout the animal agriculture supply chain to transform animal health, welfare, and environmental impact?
• As demand for animal protein continues to rise, where is the greatest need for innovative solutions to improve industry resiliency and safety? How do we create a more robust, shock-proof future?
• What collaboration opportunities are set to accelerate innovation and drive a more sustainable, efficient and healthy animal ag industry?
- Maarten Goossens, Founding Principal, ANTERRA CAPITAL, NETHERLANDS
- Karen Hildebrand, Worldwide Tech Leader Agriculture, AMAZON WEB SERVICES, USA
- Bruce Stewart-Brown, Senior VP Food Safety, Quality & Live Operations, PERDUE FOODS, USA
- Abhay Nayak, Head of Strategy and Accelerated Growth Businesses, ZOETIS, USA
- Erin Fitzgerald, CEO, US FARMERS AND RANCHERS IN ACTION, USA
- Andrew McKenzie, CEO, PRECISION LIVESTOCK TECHNOLOGIES, USA
- Elizabeth Latham, Founder, BEZOAR LABORATORIES, USA
- Gil Hakim, Chairman & CEO, ARMENTA, ISRAEL
- Jon Lowe, Head of Global Commercial Development Livestock, ZOETIS, USA
- Amanda Donohue-Hansen, Managing Director, CULTIVIAN SANDBOX VENTURES, USA
Elena Rice, CSO & Head of R&D, GENUS, USA
• What advancements are currently looking most promising in preventative healthcare? From genetics and breeding, to vaccines and new feed solutions, how can technology prevent disease, and reduce the need for antibiotics?
• How can animal health companies work in partnership with innovators and producers to drive greater animal health outcomes?
• How do animal health and welfare intersect with sustainability? How do these three pillars intersect for greater industry efficiency and animal, planetary and human welfare?
- Johanna Ballesteros, Principal AgTech Commercial Advisor, JBAGRO INTERNATIONAL, USA
- Jennifer Walker, Director Milk Quality, DANONE, USA
- Courtney Stanton, President, SMITHFIELD BIOSCIENCE & Vice President, SMITHFIELD FOODS, USA
- Ken Opengart, VP Animal Welfare and International Sustainability, TYSON, USA
- Laurent Genet, Chief Strategy Officer, NUTRECO, NETHERLANDS
• How has demand for digital solutions accelerated in 2020 and 2021, and which have emerged as the most business-critical technologies for on-farm operations, animal welfare and monitoring?
• How is the growth of audio, video and machine learning innovations improving on-farm productivity? What does the future of digital precision livestock farming look like and how do we address regulatory challenges to accelerate better and faster?
• What are the greatest barriers to technology adoption by farmers, and how can the industry overcome these to ensure and deliver greater ROI?
- Mareese Keane, Co-Founder, OPENGATE PARTNERS, USA
- Clint Schwab, Vice President Science & Technology, THE MASCHHOFFS, USA
- Henry Berger, Global Head of Strategic Partnerships & Pipeline Innovation Integrated Health Management, BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM, USA
- Bennet Holmes, Director, ITK, FRANCE
- Mark Doornink, Vice President of Product Management, VES ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS FOR HEALTHY FARMS, USA
• With sustainable production as essential as efficiency, what is the industry’s true role in regenerative agriculture and carbon sequestration practices?
• What approaches to greater environmental sustainability are seeing results? How do we position meat and dairy as sustainable, healthy proteins alongside growing alternative protein trends?
• How does the industry accelerate and communicate its sustainability credentials in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals between now and 2030? How do we create and prove measurable targets?
- Tafline Laylin, Editor, THE DAILY CHURN, DARIGOLD, USA
- Andre van Troost, CEO, LELY, NETHERLANDS
Terry Canning, CEO, CATTLE EYE, IRELAND
Lewis Frost, COO, CERES TAG, AUSTRALIA
Thierry Perrotin, Director, HYDROGREEN, A DIVISION OF CUBICFARM SYSTEMS, USA
Jeroen van de Ven, Lead, MERCK ANIMAL HEALTH INTELLIGENCE, BELGIUM
- Bo Simango, CEO & Co-Founder, AQUAFORT AI, CANADA
- Kari Spaan, CEO, IYOTAH SOLUTIONS, USA
- Jon Lowe, Head of Global Commercial Development Livestock, ZOETIS, USA
- Brett Morris, Managing Director, CAVALLO VENTURES, USA
• America imports over 85% of the seafood consumed nationally. How can the industry continue building momentum to reinforce US aquaculture as a provider of locally produced, sustainable protein?
• What innovations in systems technology, feed and localised production are set to have the greatest impact?
• How do we create systemic change along the aquaculture supply chain, from improved ocean health, data and AI utilisation on farm, through to alternative feed and species production?
Ariella Simke, Science Contributor, FORBES, USA
- Johan Andreassen, CEO, ATLANTIC SAPPHIRE, USA
- David Kelly, CEO & CTO, INNOVASEA, USA
- Larsen Mettler, Managing Director, S2G VENTURES, USA
• COVID-19 has exacerbated changes in consumer demand and supply-chain disruptions. What digital tools will help producers improve efficiency and profit potential, while helping to ensure a resilient food supply and clearer provenance for consumers?
• How can costs be shared and benefits realised throughout the supply chain to drive greater adoption of traceability technologies?
• What will it take to make sustainability and transparency in animal ag supply chains mainstream? What targets should the industry set for itself?
Laurie Bedord, Executive Editor, SUCCESSFUL FARMING, USA
- Ronan Loftus, Commercial Lead, Data Lab, MERCK ANIMAL HEALTH INTELLIGENCE, IRELAND
- Matt Earle, Director, PROAGRICA, UK
- Rachel Gabato, COO, RIPE.IO, USA
- Theo Weening, VP of Meat & Poultry, WHOLE FOODS MARKET, USA
• How do we enhance data collection at the farm level and effective aggregation and sharing thereafter?
• How do we overcome the challenges farmers face in scaling up their onfarm data efforts such as lack of access to capital, equipment, training and reliable networks?
• What predictive, machine learning and AI successes are we seeing already for improved farm management, animal health and welfare?
- Claudia Rössler, Director Agriculture Strategic Partnerships, MICROSOFT, USA
Sylvia Wulf, President & CEO, AQUABOUNTY, USA
• Understanding the True Cost of Production: How Farm Management Information Systems can drive financial decision making for livestock producers – Host: Seana Day, Partner, CULTERRA CAPITAL & Venture Partner, BETTER FOOD VENTURES, USA
• Digital Animal AgTech – Host: Maarten-Yan Wierenga, Investment Manager, NUTRECO NUFRONTIERS, NETHERLANDS
• The Human Element: Developing technology that empowers and inspires – Host: Jennifer Walker, Director Milk Quality, DANONE, USA
• Aligning the Animal Protein Value Chain with Shifting Consumer Trends – Host: Rachel Gabato, COO, RIPE.IO, USA
• Has investment activity kept pace throughout the disruptions caused by COVID-19? What are active investors in the animal agtech space predicting on the innovation and investment front for 2021 and beyond?
• How do we create sufficiently robust market signals to draw more entrepreneurship and investment into the industry?
• What does the industry need to do to bolster and prove its sustainability, health and welfare reputation and credentials? What is the role of investors in this endeavour?
Session Chair: Justin Sherrard, Global Strategist Animal Protein, RABOBANK, NETHERLANDS
- Murray McCaig, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, ARCTERN VENTURES, CANADA
- Seana Day, Partner, CULTERRA CAPITAL & Venture Partner, BETTER FOOD VENTURES, USA
- Thor Talseth, Founding Partner, NEPTUNE PARTNERS, USA
- CONTINENTAL GRAIN COMPANY, USA