Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Heels for Horses

Published: October 6, 2008
Summary
Many people think of farriers as blacksmiths, or someone who molds metal shoes for a horse's foot. With the advent of items like specially-made shoes, digital x-rays, and epoxy cushioning, modern day farriers are much more than someone who works over hot coals. Travis Finn is the farrier for the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine. He has been around horses and, more specifical...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Luis Uttley Del Corral
LUJO Herraduras, S.L.
6 de octubre de 2008
It is a very interesting article indeed. And I wonder if a plastic horse shoe would be helpfull in this case. there are some different products available in the market, and I have patented one myself. I manage a small company in Seville, Spain, and our initial idea was to provide our local horse related businesmen with a solution for horses that needed to work on hard surfaces like roads, and downtown streets. Our plastic invention has provided more security, better traction and lesser injuries to our horses. But recently I have noticed that some vets are using our products in horses with weak hoofs, and the results have been very positive. Maybe you could consider this possibility as the technologies and products could find solutions for pathologies that were not available before. Again thanks for such an interesting article. From Spain, my best regards, Luis U.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister