Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

liver problem in cobb broiler chick

Published: February 8, 2016
spp. Cobb broiler age- 16 days problem - healthy bird died. joint problem showing lameness. pressing on head, fluid come out from nostrils post mortem finding- blood tinged fluid accumulate in abdomen, liver pale because of the blood oozing out from liver. one lobe of liver showing hemorrhagic and friable, generally right side of liver. blood clot extended to abdomen cavity. other organs remain normal. plz, suggest me for management of farm...
Related topics
Authors:
Anonymous
Anonymous
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
SAI SUDHAKAR NAIDU.VELLORE
8 de febrero de 2016
Yes please.
rommel manlapig
8 de febrero de 2016
Hi there friend, just want to ask about the following details: 1. Percentage affected (no of birds) 2. Distribution in the building (cool pad side, middle, blower part, one bldg, multiple building etc) 3. Type of housing (tunnel, conventional) 4. Weather pattern (include temp and humidity at 16 days, air speed) 5. Type of ration (energy and protein in the diet) 6. Any unusual medication? 7. Predilection (male, female, small, big bird) It is really hard to diagnose especially when you are not present in the farm and had no idea on important history, farm condition and appearance of affected birds. But I am thinking maybe this is a case of fatty liver hemorrhagic syndrome in broilers. It is commonly seen when the temperature inside the building is high or with high ambient temperature and birds consume feeds with high energy. In case of FLHS, adjustment in building temperature is recommended by running more fans to promote air exchange and to drive out excess heat and humidity inside the house. You can give choline chloride, vitamin E and some liver tonics available in your region. Hope this will help, good luck sir.
rommel manlapig
8 de febrero de 2016
Just also want to add about feeding strategies like not allowing feeds to run out for long period as this can cause stress to liver just like in the case of protein overload when birds resume on feeding
Ismet Mamode
Food & Allied Group of Companies
9 de febrero de 2016
I also suspect the FLHS. A histo-pathological examination of the livers is advisable.
Dr. M.Mazhar Khan
K&N´s
9 de febrero de 2016
I am 100% agreed with Mr. Rommel Manlapig. I also suggest Histo-pathological examination of the liver FLHS. There might be fat toxicity feed should be tested along with Histopatological examination.
Profile picture
Author
10 de febrero de 2016
thank you so much for lovely advise...... i will try to examine of liver for histopathology. i have already taken the sample for histo.... i will try to post microscopic pictures again thank you so much.......
Profile picture
Author
21 de febrero de 2016
hi, friend i made slide of liver and its showing fatty liver haemorrhages in liver i m trying to post the microscopically pictures of liver........ i really thanks to all........
Ahmed Assar
22 de febrero de 2016
take care of adenovirus infection and also analyze elisa test for IBD because IBD can facilitate incidence of adenovirus infection both IBD and adenovirus are immune suppressive diseases may activate opporttunistic M.O as mycoplasma and e.coli leading to lameness . air sacculitis and fluid come from nostril
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister