Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Acidifiers as Antibacterial Agents in Swine

The Prophylactic Use of Acidifiers as Antibacterial Agents in Swine

Published: October 25, 2012
Summary
1. Introduction In recent decades, acidifiers have emerged as viable alternatives to antibiotics in swine diets, in order to stimulate optimal growth performance and prevent various enteric diseases. Antimicrobials have been used for more than 50 years to enhance growth performance and prevent various pig diseases (Gustafson & Bowen, 1997). There is growing public awareness of the relation...
Related topics
Authors:
Vasileios Papatsiros
University of Thessaly
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Tony Mcdonald
29 de octubre de 2012

This is a very interesting article written in terms even I can understand. My interest is based on using an LAB based probiotic in drinking water and farm made starter diet pellets. Whilst my initial interest was in reducing the smells in the manure, I have noticed dramatic decreases in FCR in the younger pigs. I also have noticed across the herd a large reduction in ailments and general improvement in health.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister