Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Dry Pet food

Published: December 9, 2016
By: Mohamed Zedan
Hello I would like to use single screw extruder of aquaculture factory to make pet food I need to know the specific parameters Water / steam / cooking time / drying time My formula Rice 25% Corn 25% Chicken meal 22.5 % Chicken fat 10% Fish oil 5 % Premix 4 % Brewer yeast 2 % Dried beet pulp 5% Salt 0.25 % Potassium sorbate 0.25 % Molasses 1% Also I need to know if the dog will eat it with out adding palatability enhancers because it's not Available in Egypt
Authors:
Holo gram
ZEDAN VET CO
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Enrique Diaz
Anderson International Corp
20 de diciembre de 2016
Mohamed; Despite the extrusion process to produce dry pet food could be the same in principle there are several parameters that needs to be achieved in order to accomplish a good quality on the final product. Depending on the extruder/expander or drying system the following parameters could be followed: * Post grinding of the mash @ 220-240 microns prior the conditioner. * Extrusion temperature close to 240-260F * Raise moisture from 10-11% up to 22-24% depending on the formulation. * Cooking tie inside the extruder/expander: 25-30 seconds. * Steam injection: 175-185 pounds of steam per ton. * Water injection: 28-32 gallons per ton. * Drying time varies and depend on the dryer design and also the source for the heat, most of the units are gas fired using burners and they needs to be sized properly to be able to generate the amount of BTU per hour and evaporate the amount of water desired. I hope this helps. ED
Josiah Martins
30 de enero de 2022
Nice formula. I hope someone can still use this formula at this time.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister