Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Equine Management: Winter Horse Care

Published: February 5, 2008
Summary
As we gear up for the arrival of Old Man Winter, we are reminded of the challenges that winter horse care brings. The cold, snow, ice, rain, wind and any combination thereof, complicates barn chores and limits our riding time. For these reasons, we typically do not spend as much time in our barns or with our horses during the winter months. However, by keeping a few simple things in mind we can in...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Luis Uttley Del Corral
LUJO Herraduras, S.L.
6 de febrero de 2008
Has anyone considered the use of plastic horseshoes to prevent excess of humidity, and cold temperatures during the winter months? I would be very interested in your opinion as I have a great solution for this, a plastic horseshoe that has proven to be very confortable for the horse, and it is easy to adjust to the hoof. It is used here In Spain, by the Local Police of the city of Málaga, and they are very happy with the results. They are used also in Seville and Madrid. So please let me know your opinions. Best regards, Luis U.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.