A 2 ½ day training program has been specifically designed for those who want to learn more about the design and management of modern poultry houses. The workshop/webinar consists of lectures as well as hands on group exercises designed to help attendees gain a firm understanding of the principles behind hot weather poultry house management.
Presenters: Mike Czarick (UGA), Dr. Brian Fairchild (UGA), Dr. Jenny Nicholds (UGA), Isaac Singletary (Munters), & Dr. John Worley (UGA).
Location: Oconee County Civic Center 2661 Hog Mountain Rd, Watkinsville, GA 30677
- Heat stress and how birds cool themselves
- Basic tunnel ventilation system design
- Factors affecting air speed in tunnel houses
- Factors affecting air speed uniformity in tunnel houses
- Hot weather bird health issues Tunnel ventilation and static pressure
- Static pressure in tunnel houses
- Tunnel fan selection
- Evaporative cooling principles
- How many tunnel fans should I use?
- The importance of nighttime bird management during hot weather
- Commonly asked questions about evaporative cooling
- Tunnel ventilation system operation
- Fan & evaporative cooling system maintenance
- Hot weather management tips
- Evaluating tunnel ventilation system performance
Go to: http://bit.ly/2nr3Pjx. Click on “Hot Weather Management Workshop.”