The first day of the piglets life is all about drinking plenty of colostrum. Colostrum is essential as it contains nutrients, energy and antibodies. It is one of the main factors which will effect pre-weaning mortality.
A piglet needs to consume between 200 and 400 g of colostrum and the intake should start as soon as possible after birth. For many different reasons, this first essential target is not always easy to achieve:
- Each piglet must find its own way, navigating by the smell of the udder and the sound of the sow.
- One of the biggest challenges is the rapid loss of body temperature after birth. Piglet that are too cold behave as they are drunk and will have difficulties to find the teats.
- Due to the high number of piglets produced by modern sows, there is an important competition between the piglets for the best place.
- Colostrum is only produced by the sow for 24-48 hours, and the IgG concentration decreases rapidly after birth.
- The piglet´s intestine''''s capacity to absorb immunoglobulins is quickly reduced. Only 12 hours after birth it can only absorb 25% of the antibodies.
In conclusion: success will depend on the sows'''''''''''''''' milk production and the piglets'''''''''''''''' vitality.
Vitalite Energy Piglet is a unique tool to increase the piglets vitality and by consequence its chances of survival. Every single dose will supply essential active components:
- Energy: Highly absorbable and immediately metabolisable energy sources based on free fatty acids and simple sugars. As glycogen stores are very rare in new born piglets, it will help to maintain body temperature and motility.
- Plant extracts rich in alkaloids will stimulate the young animal''''''''''''''''s metabolism, resulting in higher vitality
- Probiotics to promote beneficial bacteria colonization in the detriment of pathogenic bacteria.
Dosage and application
- An innovative airless vacuum pump ensure easy and proper dosage.
- Vitalite Energy Piglet is beneficial for all piglets, but especially for weak piglets due to farrowing accidents, mastitis, young sows, ....
- Introduce the nozzle (extension tube supplied with each dispenser) on to the back of the piglets'''''''''''''''' tongue, pump once (one dose of 2 ml) and allow the piglet to swallow.
- Administer one dose as soon as possible after birth and repeat 5 hours later when possible.
- Before use or extension of use, it’s recommended to ask for the opinion of a specialist.
Click here to learn more about this product.