engormix
search
search
We will be present at:
October 9, 2019 to October 11, 2019
Lima, Lima, Peru
Umberto Calderon
Umberto Calderon
Lima, Lima, Peru

Agrosona® Tetracycline-Corticoid association for animals

Agrosona®

Injectable solution
Tetracycline-Corticoid association

Agrosona is a sterile preparation that contains a wide spectrum antibiotic, oxytetracycline, that has antibiotic activity against Gram positive, Gram negative and sensitive spirochets. The antibiotic activity of the oxytetracycline has no evidences to diminish on the presence of body fluids as serum or sweat. The oxytetracycline absorption by intramuscular and subcutaneous route is excellent. By endovenous route a high blood concentration of 10 mg oxytetracycline/mL is obtained fast, then it diminishes, maintaining important values even after 12 to 24 hours of a single application.

The absorbed oxytetracycline passes to the blood stream where it circulates partially combined with the plasmatic proteins. Such combination is not stable, reason why it is rapidly distributed through out all the tissues specially through liver, kidney, lung, heart, muscles and spleen.

The oxytetracycline passes through the pleural, pericardiaum and ascitic liquid in less concentrations compared with the blood, crosses the placenta, reaches the fetal circulation and passes also to the maternal milk. It also goes to the bile and it concentrates in the gall bladder, reaching a level 20 times higher than the blood plasma. The existence of an enterohepatic circulation should be mentioned: the drug that arrives from the bile to the gut returns to reabsorb. The oxytetracycline is partially metabolized in the organism. Approximately 60% is excreted by the urine in a slow speed and the other 40% by the feaces. 

Formulation

Oxytetracycline hydrochloride 55 mg, dexamethasone 21 phosphate 0.5 mg, excipients q.s. ad 1 mL.

Indications

For the treatment and prevention of infection caused by Gram-positive, Gram-negative microorganisms and spirochetes sensitive to oxytetracycline (local and generalized infections). The addition of dexamethasone promotes anti-inflammatory, antialergic, anti-stress and gluconeogenic effects.

Dosage and Administration

Cattle, horse, swine, camelid, sheep and goat: 1mL/10 kg; dogs, cats and rabbits: 1mL/5 kg; poultry: 0.5 mL/kg. Apply through intramuscular, subcutaneous and slow intravenous route.

Commercial Presentation

Glass vial x 50 mL, Glass vial x 100 mL, Glass vial x 500 mL,

 



Additional information
Agrosona®
PDF Download PDF
Agrosona®