This year's IDF World Dairy Summit, programme embodies the theme of "The Future Begins Here”. A special emphasis will be put on the increasing efficiency of the dairy production chain focusing on the primary production issue in order to meet the future need of milk and milk products for the growing population around the world. Nevertheless, the other "traditional" topics of the IDF WDS will not be underestimated. Our goal is to stimulate the interest of diverse audiences, not only in their specific expertise, but also exposing them to different topics in the dairy industry. This will create a network of tangential issues which will enrich the existing knowledge.
This goal will be accomplished mainly by having interdisciplinary sessions, in which all participants will be encouraged to attend, as there will not be parallel sessions scheduled at the same time. Ample time will be dedicated to vibrant discussion panels, which will follow presentations of invited speakers in each session.
The programme, currently being developed, will include Poster Sessions, encouraging the participants to take an active role sharing their knowledge and ideas to develop and promote the world dairy industry for the future. In addition, a Call for Abstracts has been issued and I welcome all participants to submit their abstracts for the Summit.
As the Scientific Chairman of the IDF WDS 2014, I believe that your involvement is essential to the Summit's success and therefore, it is my honor to invite you to join us in the lovely city of Tel Aviv.
Kind regards,Prof. Zeev Trainin
Chairman of the Scientific Committee
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO:
Monday, June 9, 2014
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR THE SUMMIT
1. Participants who wish to give a presentation at the IDF World Dairy Summit 2014 are requested to submit an abstract for review by the Organizing Committee.
The Committee reserves the right to:
a.) Select the abstracts relevant to the Scientific Programme
b.) Decide on the final form of presentation (oral presentation via designated Poster Session AND/OR Poster Display)
3. Only abstracts submitted through the Abstract Submission form link will be accepted. Abstracts submitted by fax or paper copy will not be considered.
4. The Committee will accept a maximum 2 abstracts for display and/or presentation per presenting author.
5. If an abstract is accepted for presentation, at least one author must pay the registration fee to attend the Conference.
6. Abstracts will be uploaded on the official IDF WDS 2014 website only on receipt of registration fees.
WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT, PLEASE NOTE:
Complete full Contact details of the presenting author(s)
Details of affiliations of the author(s): institution, city, country.
Names of authors, names should be written in "Title Case” with First Name Initial and Last Name Only.
For example: First Name: J.
Last Name: Smith
Title of the abstract in CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY.
Abstracts cannot exceed 250 words and cannot include tables and graphs.
ABOUT ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
1. Be sure to make all changes, corrections and proofreading before submitting. Use ‘spell check' within your abstract WORD document in order to avoid spelling errors.
Please note: Once you click Submit, you can edit your information only up until Wed., June 4, 2014.
Please be sure to record your password, abstract submission number and login email address.
3. The Summit Secretariat will begin notifying presenting authors if their submission has been successful on Friday, June 20, 2014. Full guidelines of preparation for presentation will be given at this stage.
• For your abstract to be included on the official IDF World Dairy Summit 2014 website and for a Poster Board to be reserved for you on-site, you must register by Monday, July 14, 2014.
•Authors of accepted submissions acknowledge that the Organizing Committee has the right to:
- Publish Summit publications such as a CD or a hardcopy.
- Post and release the abstract on the website prior to the conference being held.
The Organizing Committee welcomes abstracts in the following areas of interest:
Environmental Aspects of Dairy Production
Animal Health and Welfare
Dairy Policies and Economics
Human Nutrition and Health
Dairy Science and Technology