Description of professional services:
• Developed and implemented programs of fish, shrimp and aquatic plant production
• Developed the use of duckweed as a fish and livestock feed at agricultural universities, government research station
1. Investigated the feasibility of growing duckweed, a type of floating aquatic plant, for use as fish and livestock feed on small farms in Java, Indonesia. Initiated duckweed production at a dairy cooperative farm in Lembang, West Java, Indonesia. Promoted the use of duckweed at local agricultural universities, government research institutions and dairy cooperatives. HIVOS International, Den Hague, Netherlands and Rumah Energi, Jakarta, Indonesia, 2015 - 2016.
2. Taught Sri Lankan government agencies how to produce live feed for larval fish, ACDIVOCA, Colombo, Sri Lanka, August 2013.
3. Advised carp and sturgeon hatchery managers on biosecurity plans and procedures, ACT Project, USAID, Baku, Azerbaijan, April 2013.
4. Carried out an aquaculture competitiveness study in Kyrgyzstan for the USAID Local Development Program. Chemonics International, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. May-June 2011.
5. Provided aquaculture assistance to farmers receiving loans in microfinance program. IPED, Georgetown, Guyana, November 2010.
6. Provided fishery and aquaculture information for an agricultural strategy model. Booz, Allen and Hamilton, Pristina, Kosovo, March, 2010.
7. Prepared sampling plan and advised aquatic plant producer on best ways to maximize biomass production. PetroAlgae, Melbourne, Florida. August-September 2009 and May 2010.
8. Assessed aquaculture activities in eastern Sri Lanka. Advised marine fish hatchery managers on biosecurity plans and procedures, Nathan Associates, July-August 2009.
9. Assisted fish feed producer in improving and increasing production of fish feed. ACDIVOCA, Tbilisi, Georgia, October 2008, and Dilijan, Armenia, October 2006.
10. Trained fish farmers in fish culture techniques and did site surveys for fish production. ACDIVOCA, Goranboy, Azerbaijan, June 2006.
11. Assisted farmer’s cooperative in producing shrimp and tilapia. Winrock International, Choluteca, Honduras. May 2005.
12. Trained farmers in fish culture techniques and did site surveys for fish production. ACDIVOCA, Ozurgeti, Republic of Georgia. August 2004.
13. Trained fish farmers in fish culture techniques. CNFA, Soroca and Zaicani, Moldova, July 2004.
14. Trained salt producers to produce fish and shrimp in their salt ponds. ACDIVOCA, Tanga, Tanzania, March 2004.
15. Taught fish farming course to agricultural extension workers, Bangladesh, and to fish farmers in
Petersburg, Virginia, United States