Whole genome analysis reveals the diversity and evolutionary relationships between necrotic enteritis-causing strains of Clostridium perfringens

Published on: 09/05/2019
Author/s : Jake A. Lacey 1,2,3; Theodore R. Allnutt 2,4; Ben Vezina 1,2,3,6; Thi Thu Hao Van 3,6; Thomas Stent 1,3; Xiaoyan Han 1; Julian I. Rood 1,3; Ben Wade 2,4; Anthony L. Keyburn 2,3; Torsten Seemann 1,5; Honglei Chen 2; Volker Haring 2; Priscilla A. Johanesen 1; Dena Lyras 1 and Robert J. Moore 1,2,3,6.

Background Clostridium perfringens is a bacterial pathogen that causes a wide variety of diseases ranging from gas gangrene and food poisoning in humans to necrotic enteritis in chickens [1]. Aside from host factors, the type and severity of disease is dependent on the production of a set of toxins and extracellular enzymes [1]. Most C. perfringens toxins are not produced by all strains; their st...

remove_red_eye 52 forum 1 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
September 5, 2019

Dr.Goodmorning, your R&D work is very use for poultry field.i need primer design and programme setting for PCR.  My mail id balasubramaniank1976@gmail.com.

Would you like to discuss about this topic: Whole genome analysis reveals the diversity and evolutionary relationships between necrotic enteritis-causing strains of Clostridium perfringens?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Frederic Hoerr
Frederic Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Strasburg, Virginia, Estados Unidos de América

| 
Copyright © 1999-2019 Engormix - All Rights Reserved