Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

What is the cause of Poultry Epileptic behaviour?

Published: July 25, 2018

I have some birds they appear healthy as they are active and feed well too. The only problem is that they are sometimes having sort of epilepsy. They may fall off twist their neck and stay down for some time, few seconds at times few minutes, then rise up and continue their normal activities. I have noticed this in 5 birds out of 600 birds. I suspect vitamin deficiency though I just need to be sure. Anyone with ideas?

Authors:
Anonymous
Anonymous
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Brajen Singh
Om Shree Pashupati Breeders
25 de julio de 2018
Avian Encephalopathy, Newcastle Disease, Fowl Cholera, Clostridium botulinum infection, Mycotoxin infection, Vitamin E, Selenium and Sodium deficiency are some factors that causes nerve weakness signs. As I have not seen the condition, coming to final diagnosis will be wrong on my part. But wish to suggest symptomatic treatment for your birds as under. 1. Vitamin E+Se syrup @ 5 ml per 100 birds once daily for 7 days, 2. Vaccinations with ND LaSota 1 drop intra occular or in drinking water. 3. Electrolytes @ 1 gm per liter water OD X 5 Days 4. Antox @ 15 ml per liter water x 5-7 days 5.spray Virgin S @ 7ml in one liter water.
DR. Gbenga Abdullateef
26 de julio de 2018
Brajen Singh please what are the components of Antox and Virgin S? Thanks
DR. Gbenga Abdullateef
26 de julio de 2018
I also feel, you may be dealing with Aflatoxin intoxication. Withdrawal of feed may stop or and reverse symptoms if not severe. Treat them as recommended by Brajen Singh
Morris
21 de noviembre de 2022
My chickens are epileptic
Shamsudden Rafindadi
9 de abril de 2023
My chickens's neck gets twisted and stays that way for a couple of minutes, what do you think is wrong with them please and how to go about treating them. Thanks.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister