Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Fenugreek for Broiler Chickens

Utilization of Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenum-Graecum) as Growth Promoter for Broiler Chickens

Published: June 27, 2012
Summary
INTRODUCTION Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.) is a well known medicinal plant that grows in nature and mainly cultivated in India, Pakistan and China. Fenugreek seeds have many therapeutic effects like hypoglycemic, anthelmintic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, and antimicrobial properties (Bash et al, 2003). It contains neurin, biotin, trimethylamine which tends to sti...
Related topics
Authors:
Nadir Alloui
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Mohamed Elkhatim
19 de junio de 2013
MY THANKS FOR GOOD WORK WHAT ABOUT ITS ANTIOXIDANTS CONTENTS?
G. Abraha Negash
20 de junio de 2013
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L) is among the most prioritized spices in human feed in Tigray ( Northern part of Ethiopia) for its multipurpose ( medicinal, flavour and aroma as well as supplementary value) that also could be vital ingredient of animal feed particularly the tendered broilers. Mothers in Ethiopia add Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L) when they supply milk for their babies because they consider for its medicinal. It so nice task. Abraha Negash MSc in Livestock Production and pastoral development MVSc in Tropical Animal Production and health
Mohamed Elkhatim
20 de junio de 2013
Thanks my brother G. Abraha Negash in Sudan we have a typical uses also many traditions are same between our countries . I am very glad to read your comment .
Sudheer Rukadikar
25 de junio de 2013
Dear Dr. Nadir Alloui, It's a really good piece of work. In India, fenugreek seeds are normally used in human diets, albeit in fried form. (These are called METHI seeds in India.) I want to know from you, have you tried giving soaked / sprouted fenugreek seeds to broilers as feed top dressing? My experience tells that if soaked fenugreek seeds are fed to commercial broilers even at late stage of age, say 35 days of age, they notably improve body weight of birds within 3 - 5 days. Thanks.
Phoenix-Abdelfetah
1 de julio de 2013
This is a very interesting article, I have Experienced the use of fenugreek in food Broiler in 2009, and got excellent results, however, I noticed an odor problem fenugreek in chicken meat, knowing that I have used up to 10 partial substitution of soybean, also I have two remarks: 1-for what purpose you used the premix 2.5% this will lead to a very significant augmenttation dosage of vitamins and trace minerals? 2-available phosphorus is only about 0.40 and 0.37 respectively, not 0.73% and 0.68%, I think this is a mistake.
Alloui Nadir
3 de julio de 2013
Dear Abdelfetah Thanks for your valuable remarks Regards
Yonatan Kassu
4 de enero de 2016
This is a very interesting article, right now I have been conducting a research on fenugreek, tumeric and black cumin in 1% and 2% inclusion rate and their blended mixture to see their synergitic effect. however i have got the least body weight gain from fenugreek whose feed 1 and 2% of fenugreek powder and i notice that they do have an high litter and odor problem. the odor is obvious and its has been well known even in human that it come out with sweat.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister