Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Uterine Prolapse in Poultry

Published: September 8, 2017
Summary
The uterine prolapse is one of the problems facing egg-producing poultry growers, whether it is eggs for hatchery or for human consumption. In the normal situation and when laying eggs, part of the oviduct is taken out for a few moments and then return to the normal state. However, sometimes after ovulation, a reversal of that part, especially the last part of the uterus and vagina, can not re...
Related topics
Authors:
Khaled Fadlallah
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr Charles Ibe
13 de septiembre de 2017
I have experienced high level of uterine prolapse under high light intensity at the onset of lay
Amfmh Amfmh
24 de octubre de 2017

What are the breeds that do not have the potential for uterine prolapse?

Khaled Fadlallah
25 de octubre de 2017

Hi Dr.Amfmh Amfmh
All breeds have the potential for uterine prolapse, but management can decrease or increase the cases.
With good management, uterine prolapse will decrease.
With bad management, uterine prolapse will increase.

polina petrova
16 de enero de 2018

Hello. Today I would like to talk about the prolapse of the uterus. What can you say?

Sheraz Ahmad
3 de junio de 2018

Hi, Me Dr-Sheraz Ahmad
Well said that the phenomena may occur potentially in all breeds due to the upper said reasons, but here I'll add another reason which is
A.I. (artificial insemination) nowadays this technique is used in poultry birds which is also one of the predisposing factors of U.F
Improper and unhygienic AI materials and environment may lead to U.F.

Mohammad Wisal
13 de julio de 2020

Yes, it is a big issue in both types of birds: Breeders and Layers. So many reasons discussed and I fully agreed with that one thing in layers flock 4-6 wks body weights target achiveing is important and in the same way for Breeders it is also point to focus on achieving this target body weight .
Further grading, feeding the flock according to the weights are also important up to 10 weeks of age and try not to over weight during this period will help in later stage to avoid the Uterine prolapse case.
Careful observation around 18 wks of age for any types of enteritis which can lead to NE will also cause Prolapse as body weights can be on lower side and Light stimulation when started it may be a cause of Prolapse .
An other cause which should be keep in mind the very fine mesh Particle size is also causing rectal prolapse in growing stage so Fiber ratio in the feed must be consider for it .
Thanks

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister