Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Water consumption

Using Water Consumption as a Management Tool

Published: April 11, 2012
Summary
Water is considered an essential nutrient. While an animal can survive for a week or so without food, water deprivation can only be tolerated for a few days. Water is important for a variety of bodily functions that include but are not limited to nutrient transportation, body temperature regulation, lubrication of joints and organs, enzymatic/chemical processes including those rela...
Related topics
Authors:
Mike Czarick
University of Georgia
Dr. Brian D. Fairchild
University of Georgia
Recommend
Comment
Dr. Mohamed Naeem
2 de noviembre de 2014
Dear sir, thank you for your precious article could you clarify if there is correlation between water consumption and feed intake during the first few days in baby chicks life as it is known that the chick starts to eat after it starts to drink which is called drinking reflex ..... could you provide me with any useful data about this. Regards Dr. Mohammed Naeem
Recommend
Dr. Brian D. Fairchild
University of Georgia
2 de noviembre de 2014
Unfortunately, there is not a lot of work that has been done in this area. The other issue is that the water flow during the first few days is extremely low and most water meters used in poultry facilities do not become accurate until about 6 or 7 days of age (depending on the water meter used). I am not currently aware of any recent work in this area to provide extra information.
Recommend
Bhaskar Roy
17 de noviembre de 2014
Dear Sir, The topic was very useful to me as i am a framer.In summer mainly heat stroke happen so how to overcome the problem plz explain.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.