Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Use of Dietary Fiber in Broilers

Published: February 15, 2014
Summary
1. Generalities Gastrointestinal infections with pathogenic bacteria y the subsequent clinical expression of disease occur frequently in young animals under current intensive production systems. Infections are responsible growth rates and consequently cause economic losses in animal production. Antibiotics modify the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) and are the main available too...
Related topics
Authors:
Encarnación Jimenez Moreno
Cargill
Follow
Gonzalo Gonzalez Mateos
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid - UPM
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Rafael Duran
IFF - International Flavors & Fragrances
26 de febrero de 2014
Wow Encarnación, what an amazing review on the subject, very good, congratulations for such a work. I read it fast but I will read it again carefully. Congrats as well to Gonzalo. Since I could ask so many things I just want to focus on 2 questions: i) any comment based on your experience on what role exogenosu enzymes can play in fiber digestion (Encarnación I work for Danisco Animal Nutrition, but give your very open view about it), ii) Iwas wondering if you could say anything about the potential role of these bacteria called Firmicutes, which seem to produce interesting levels of butyrate from insoluble fiber fermentation?. Many thanks, muchas gracias, abrazos from Madrid.
 Dr. Gregus Zoltan
Phytobiotics
2 de mayo de 2014
Buenas Dias Señora Jimenez-Moreno, did read your article - congratulation. I am not going to coment it but would like to suggest a following page https://www.engormix.com/MA-avicultura/nutricion/articulos/fibras-funcionales-nutricion-avicola-t5644/141-p0.htm Hope you find it infromativ. Saludos desde Rosenber, Alemania
Fatemeh
27 de abril de 2018
Hi, I am a senior nutrition student. I read your article. The subject of the proposal is the effect of fiber on acid in the broiler chicks. I want to introduce you articles on this subject.
Samira Faryadi
11 de junio de 2020
Hello. could you please send me this file? I need to full text. best regards Samira
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister