Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Types of Elisa

Published: January 25, 2020
I would be grateful if somebody tell me why do we use indirect Elisa rather than any other type of Elisa in diagnosis and monitoring of chicken disease
Related topics:
Authors:
Anonymous
Anonymous
Recommend
Comment
Ahmed Din Anjum
29 de enero de 2020

Indirect ELISA is more specific.

Recommend
Amine Mernizi
Hipra
20 de marzo de 2020
Indirect ELISA aims to detect antibodies, using plates coated with the antigen. This is an "indirect" way to diagnostic and occurred disease (contact of body with micro pathogens induced immune response, so we look after antibodies subsequently) Other ELISA remain available though in the poultry secotr, such as blocking ELISA for Avian Flu or Avian Metapneumovirus Greetings
Recommend
Dr.ir.J.R. van Herwijnen
21 de marzo de 2020

Amine Mernizi
Dear alle,
If you use plates coated with antigen It depends alle about the purify of the antigen this van be native purified virus OR recombinant. Native purified inactivated virus might still haber cell antigenen which can Puck up antibodies finally inducing false positives. Otherside if you use recombinant antigens you can mis positive since glycolysation might be different OR nog present at all.
Blocking testing might become more specific and one van use leds purified antigen. Some test like for influenza pick up antigens An exsample of this is influenza NP which can be captured by using monoclonal antibodies and annenzhme labelled conjugatie same type of assay is used for detecting ALV p27 antigen.
If you want to read more about these assays you can find more information on our website www.evlonline.org.
Don't hesitate to ask me if you need more info OR need help with development of assays.
Best regards
Rob.

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.