Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Small Variable Speed Fans Operating Continuously Vs. Larger Fans on Timers

Published: March 25, 2021
Summary
The purpose of a minimum ventilation system is to bring in small amounts of cold fresh air into a house and to warm it as much as possible before it moves down to floor level so as not to chill the birds and to maximize the litter drying potential of the incoming air. Traditionally, poultry producers have utilized a “negative pressure” minimum ventilation system. In a negative pres...
Related topics
Authors:
Mike Czarick
University of Georgia
Follow
Dr. Brian D. Fairchild
University of Georgia
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Mr. Harish Garware
Gartech
16 de agosto de 2021
Very nicely explained the practical aspect of using multiple 36 inch fans as against small variable speed fans during minimum ventilation. I would very much appreciate if you can similarly explain the limitation or practical expectation from a ventilations system in hot and humid condition.
Mike Czarick
University of Georgia
16 de agosto de 2021
Mr. Harish Garware Similar limitations but their use is more possible due to the higher ventilation rates typically encountered in tropical climates.
Mr. Harish Garware
Gartech
16 de agosto de 2021
Thanks Dr. Mike Czarick for your prompt reply. Can you please in the interest of many farmers here explain the same through a detailed presentation as you have done about minimum ventilation.
Mike Czarick
University of Georgia
16 de agosto de 2021
Mr. Harish Garware I am unclear what specific question are you looking for me to answer. Variable speed fans for power savings or for minimum ventilation?
Mr. Harish Garware
Gartech
17 de agosto de 2021
Sorry for the miscommunication. You replied to my question about ventilation in Hot & Humid climate that there are similar limitation and higher ventilation rate can be a solution. To that I requested if you could give an elaborate presentation on Hot & Humid climate like the nicely done presentation on "Small Variable Speed Fans Operating Continuously Vs. Larger Fans on Timers? This will help many farmers in In India to understand the limitations and help them handle this climatic condition with better understanding.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister