Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Silvafeed® Nutri P: Tannins for poultry

Video information
See more
remove_red_eye 2087 forum 17 bar_chart Statistics share
Share :
close
May 22, 2018

Generally, tannin application has a long story at poultry, as well as at the swine fattening. I remember a feed additive polyphenols-containing product from castanian, produced by company Lek, Republic of Slovenia. From other side, it is necessary to use right doses of polyphenols; because overdosing can cause negative effect on metabolism and FCR. Polyphenols in a small quantities are scavengers of free radicals, and can partially to replace vitamin E, it is very good. But at some feed raw materials like sorghum and cottonseed meal, polyphenol content should be under control. Fortunately, laboratory methods of polyphenols determination are not complicated (photometric assay). Silvafeed dosage level was declared by producer, as a result of a lot of commercial trials.
One of the best examples of tannins application is our everyday black tea; we drink it and everything is ok.

Miguel A Pérez Miguel A Pérez
Gerente de Comercio Exterior
May 28, 2018

Dr. Fiodor S. Marchenkov Thank you very much for your input. Very good one. My two cents: Another Natural source of polyphenols is subproducts from Olive Oil extraction which very positive results. In Mediterranean diet is used regularly. The European Food Safety Agency (EFSA) published in its official journal its conclusions about the beneficial health properties of olive polyphenols in which finds that is demonstrated by the results of scientific studies that olive polyphenols, especially hydroxytyrosol and its derivatives.

Erdinc Ikizoglu Erdinc Ikizoglu
Chemical Engineer
June 8, 2018
Miguel A Pérez I have got TR2018/06428 patent about the valorization of polyphenols from olive mill wastewater. These polyphenols adsorbed in zeolite minerals can be used as feed additive instead of antibiotic growth promoters.
Silvateam S.p.a. Silvateam S.p.a.
Piemonte, Italy
June 12, 2018
Erdinc Ikizoglu Engineer Erdinc Ikizoglu, thank you for your input. I will communicate your comments to the engineers and animal nutritionists at Silvateam.
Miguel A Pérez Miguel A Pérez
Gerente de Comercio Exterior
June 13, 2018

Erdinc Ikizoglu Thank you very much for the information. Could you please share with me more information about your patent by email? info@adinature.com. Thanks in advance.

May 28, 2018

A few years ago I have done a study on the effect of high level of Acrorn oak meal in broiler chicks after 21 days of age, but at very high level (15 and 30 % of the basal diet) along with few simple processing techniques. In all treatments, inclusion of Acorn meal significantly reduced performance... We still did not publish the results.

May 28, 2018
I have very successfully recommended hydrolyzable tannins extract from edible chestnut for large producer of eggs in Russia. The product is used in amounts of less than 1 kg/ton of feed and improve several important production parameters of entire herds.
Emad Elgazzar Emad Elgazzar
MASTER and PHD degree in microbiology
May 28, 2018

Thank you very much for that announcement for people how take tannins in the form of black tea everyday, but the reason for poultry is different because we use that pure material as therapeutic as in case of diarrhea as astringent, but when it increases it will cause constipation besides precipitation of some feed elements

Piemonte, Italy
June 12, 2018

Emad Elgazzar Dr. Emad Elgazzar, I appreciate your interest in tannins and Silvafeed(R) Nutri P. There is research to show that feed can be retained longer in the gut by adding recommended levels of the product in poultry diets. In vitro work conducted in Italy, suggests that gut peristalsis is modulated by the combination of tannins in the product. In fact, it has been a useful adjunct to reduce litter moisture, improve litter quality and the environment in the poultry house. As a consequence, footpad lesions can be reduced and the welfare of the birds better.

June 6, 2018

Can anyone tell me something about Xaluphenol?

Piemonte, Italy
June 12, 2018

Bert Brink
Mr. Brink, thank you for your question. I am not familiar with Xaluphenol and will have to confer with others at Silvateam in an attempt to respond to your question.

Emad Elgazzar Emad Elgazzar
MASTER and PHD degree in microbiology
June 28, 2018
E. Ernest M. Pierson Thank you so much E.Ernest about your replay to give me that clarification about the role of tannins as elongation of intestinal content in the intestine for more absorption of nutrients from G.I.T-.what is the effect on microflora in the intestine in that case
Piemonte, Italy
June 28, 2018
Emad Elgazzar
Dr. Emad: We are just beginning our journey of understanding on the effect of the combination of extracts from the Italian Chestnut and Argentine Quebracho trees on the microbiome of the broiler. In general we have seen an increase in the Firmucutes:Bacteroidetes (F/B) ratio. An increase in F/B has been reported to be related to a more efficient use of energy in humans, mice, ruminants, birds, etc. by the species of bacteria found in the Bacteroidetes phyla compared to those found in the Firmicutes phyla. Our scientists are working to parse out more exactly which species are affected and how they are impacted by the extracts of chestnut and quebracho .
June 12, 2018
22, i want to understand about Silvafeed Nutri P:
How about Mechanism of action products? Tannins in product >= 75%, i think, the taste is bitter and astringent, and palability is too bad and also too much tannin would be causing toxin.
What do you think about my question?
Piemonte, Italy
June 12, 2018

Mr. HuyenMai: Thank you for your question. Yes you are correct, 75% is the minimum level of tannins found in Silvafeed(R) Nutri P. These are extracted from the Italian Chestnut and Argentine Quebracho trees and combined to produce Nutri There is recent data (Carrasco et al., 2017) presented in St. Louis, Missouri at the Sympoisum on Gut Health in Farm Animals which indicates that a 0.1% level of Silvafeed(R) Nutri P added to the diets of growing broilers impacted the gut microbiome in a favorable manner (increased Firmicutes/Bacteriodetes ratio). At the January 2018 International Poultry Scientific Forum, Redondo et al. reported the results of a one-year field trial conducted by a large Argentine broiler integrator.. In this trial which contained a total of about 200,000 broiler raised to 35 or 42 days of age, a program in which 1 kg of Silvafeed(R) Nutri P was compared with the antibiotic program in place at the time. The birds which were fed Nutri P were heavier (approx. 2.7%), had better feed conversion (approx. 0.3%), and had higher livability at one week of age and at market. In this study, Nutri P was found to be a cost-effective replacement for the antibiotic program that was employed during the course of the yearlong trial. These two studies support the hypothesis that Nutri P when added a recommended levels can beneficially impact broiler performance and the gut microbiome. There is an optimum level of addition at which an ingredient, e.g., salt, is effective. If there is not enough, or, too much, performance can be negatively affected.

June 12, 2018

Dear Sir@
Thanks for sharing!
Could you compare the difference how to use tannin from Persimon and chestnut?
Thanks.

June 19, 2018
Dear Mr Brink,

What kind of information would you like to recieve about Xaluphenol?. It is a unique combination of two polyphenols that are activated.
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Silvafeed® Nutri P: Tannins for poultry ?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Products
Improve feed efficiency to market your animals quickly! Silvafeed® N...
Bypass protein for high yielding ruminants.   Silvafeed® ByPro i...
New tailor-made antioxidant for nutritional applications in animal feed &n...