Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Poultry Industry forum -Those First 7 Days

Published: April 20, 2016
Summary
Chicks are still in the Hatcher Mother hen does not exist in modern poultry business.  Mother hen under her ‘brood’ keeps her babies away from extreme weather conditions and from predators. She is conveniently replaced by equipment for source of warmth, shelter, ventilation, light all provided artificially by men or women of wisdom! The baby chicks are confined to a speci...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. Odede R.O.
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr. Odede R.O.
22 de abril de 2016
This article was share with me by a colleague when I was preparing for my MSC and I found it interesting. It is not my original work. The author did a great job that we all can learn from. My work touches on replacing antibiotics in poultry management by use of organic acids and will be published soon.
Wilfred Mwangi
29 de abril de 2018
Dr. Odede R.O. Thank you Dr.Odede for sharing, have you published on organic acids?
Ismet Mamode
Food & Allied Group of Companies
26 de abril de 2016
Farmers should have obtained a copy of this presentation. The Diversification Division of the Ministry concerned can use a summary of the facts for the farmers especially in the African countries. The First Week Mortality in the broilers and layers are usually VERY HIGH. Hygiene is not maintained properly in small farms. Omphalitis is frequent. Farmers tend to use antibiotics during the first week of age.
kevin omwenga
9 de agosto de 2016
Cool this has given me a go ahead for my msc studies on poultry.thanks guys
Wijaya Saputra
22 de agosto de 2016
my farmer received the female day old chick Parent Stock after debeak at one days old in the hatchery. Crop can not fill with full feed until 48 hours. what it will influence grow body weight at first week and result next performance ? thank you very much if you give me suggestion .
Ismet Mamode
22 de agosto de 2016

Dear Wijaya,

Sorry. Please, can you give me the following information:-

1. Did the farmer receive the PARENT day old chicks from the Grandparent Hatchery?
2. Had the PARENT chicks been debeaked at the Hatchery?

Thank you.

Wijaya Saputra
28 de septiembre de 2016
1. Yes , Farmer receipt Day old chick from GP Hatchery 2. It had Debeaked at the Hatchery.
Ismet Mamode
29 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Wijaya, Thank you very much for the reply. 1. It is a stress for the chicks when they have been debeaked at the hatchery. 2. When the farmer receives the chicks, he has to give ELECTROLYTE, one of the best product is KEPROLYTE + VITAMINS in drinking water for the first two days. Some farmers give GLUCOSE + VITAMINS. 3. Perform a CROP SCORE in the evening of DAY ONE to check the feed intake in the chicks
Okoro Ignatius
1 de octubre de 2016
After performing a crop score and you are not satisfied with the result, what could be done to manage the situation?
Wijaya Saputra
1 de octubre de 2016
Crop score after 12 hours from arrival only 50-55% , high depletion first week close 1% , what is it normal ?
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister