Poultry Drinking Water Sanitation: Importance and Options

Published on: 09/03/2016
Author/s : Pramir Maharjan and Susan Watkins

Introduction.Maintaining drinking water quality for poultry is an important nutritional aspect as birds consume water at twice the level of feed. One prime factor that determines the wholesomeness of water is its microbial quality. Therefore, it should be of primary concern for production personnel and poultry producers to know the microbial quality of water supplies provided to their birds and co...

remove_red_eye 8245 forum 41 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
September 3, 2019

How to cite this article?

December 23, 2019
Dear all the article and the discussions are very interesting and add a lot of useful information to me.
My question is if I have Sodium hypochlorite of 15% how can I calculate the amount dose by PPM to add in acidified water? How many liters I can add to drinking water for broilers?
December 23, 2019

Mohamed Haroon Abdul Sattar What system do you use to treat the drinking water? Simple tank and gravity feed or pump, flow meter and dosing pump?

January 13, 2021

We are producing HOCL with high quality and would like to apply for disinfection of drinking water in poultry farm and apply for removal biofilm in drinker line, instead of hydrogen peroxide and other disinfectants required your advise.
Appreciate your response.

January 13, 2021

Of course, appreciate to cooperate regarding the removal of biofilm in drinker lines for poultry and livestock. Regards

March 5, 2022
We are Sri Lankan company registered with government for import and distribute. interesting to import water purification tablets usage poultry farm for 1000 to 1200 liter capacity over head tanks. and vegetable wash powder.
need below feed back ; HS code 2933.69 . Pack size shelf life.
Await your reply.
P.Jayanetti
print
(8245)
(41)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Dr. Sahil Kalia, Ph.D.
Dr. Sahil Kalia, Ph.D.
PhD, Postdoc, Cornell University, USA
  Ithaca, New York, United States

Copyright © 1999-2022 Engormix - All Rights Reserved