Optimization of age in Japanese quail at photo stimulation for better egg quality and hatching results

Published on: 01/08/2022
Author/s : Syed Ali Raza Haider, Athar Mahmud, Jibran Hussain, Muhammad Usman, Muhammad Waqas, Sohail Ahmad / University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences

Light plays an important role in controlling the age at sexual maturity in birds; attaining sexual maturity at an appropriate age and weight is the key to reproductive success and the present study was an effort in the same direction. To develop specific practice for quail production and to optimize the best age for photo-stimulation present experiment was conducted. In total 225 females and 75 ma...

remove_red_eye 5 forum 1 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
January 8, 2022
Good afternoon,

I'm very intrigued by your research however I have a few questions that beg to be asked. Were all quail light restricted from the first three days until photostimulation? What lighting program was used? How did you photostimulate the birds? What is your peak photoperiod? How much did the birds differ in weight in the groups? Do you think that larger hens could be photostimulated earlier with the same success?

I look forward to discussing this with you further,

Regards,

Bob Carlson
poultryman120@gmail.com
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Fred Hoerr
Fred Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Copyright © 1999-2022 Engormix - All Rights Reserved